• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Collectible Firearms in Merrimack, New Hampshire

Collectable Arms scores again $20 transfer on a rifle. Alex opened the box when I got there to ensure there were no questions. it was a CR, I was done in minutes. I spoke to Alex about some of his collection on the back wall. I learned a little (as I always do talking to him).

I always enjoy this place.

by the way, my wife picked me up an AK there for me at Christmas time. She has done 2 gun background checks in her life (this one and picked up a gunbroker gun for me while I was travelling). They were very nice and made her feel comfortable with the transaction. it sure beats the crusty gun owner shops.

Just a quick note to let you know Collectable Arms is a great place for Class III transfers, as well.

Stopped by yesterday to drop off the paperwork for my latest Form 4. Alex couldn't have been more professional. These guys are a great choice for NFA transfers, so if you've been waiting to jump in, CA&A is the place to guide you through the process.

A great gunshop. Really glad they're in our area.

Good point, I love this place and also wondered why no wheelguns...

Not sure about the comment "no wheel guns"???

I was in there yesterday and they had about 15 new "wheel guns" and about 7 pre owned "wheel guns".

(They also had number of nice looking 1924 and 1916 dated Nagant revolvers!)

This is the first place I go when I'm looking for something because they usually have the best/cheapest prices on guns in the area!

on a recent stop i noticed that their prices are better than most places. i compared the prices of a few pistols with what i remembered seeing at other places and collectables was generally $25-$50 less.

they also have fair prices on C&R and bulk ammo.

alex appears to be doing well too.

Keith and Alex are excellent to deal with...top notch. They also have an additional clerk who works mainly weekends, Dennis who is a great guy.

Prices are on par if not better than a couple of the larger shops in the vicinity depending on the firearm.

Real bargains are in their used firearms. They are usually priced very aggressively. Ammo prices are good too.

I try to get there a couple times a week if nothing more than to check out the used section.

20 dollar transfers a bargain as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just want to bump this thread. If you haven't made it to collectable, it's definitely worth the drive. Their prices are spot on and they have some great deals on used stuff. Picked up a new AK and a case of 5.45 there this month, worth the hour drive.

As of last week they still have the Golden Tiger Ammo for sale...only the 7.62 x 39 caliber.

As a matter of fact they are the only gun shop/place where you can get it from!

Best 7.62 x 39 ammo around.....case and primer sealed... clean shooting...great price!

A huge thank you to Alex & Keith for the unbelievable service and sale prices.

Thank you Keith for you patience and allowing me to fondle multiple 9mm carry single stacks last night before closing.

Thank you Alex for the fantastic service today when I purchased the firearm I decided to purchase. Sorry about my math mistake and thank you for understanding.

My son mentioned on the way out the door that he thinks your store is perfect for outfitting a family for the zombie apocalypse....

I'll be back again for his first rifle!

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped by here today and picked up some Golden Tiger ($249/case). They were well stocked with ammo and good prices too, e.g. 9mm 124gr blazer brass for $219/case. Lots of 308 and 223 as soon as you walk in the door as well.

Surprisingly though virtually no milsurps on the floor, only 2 M48 yugos and a mosin in an archangel stock. Seems like this place is just not bothering with the milsurps anymore judging by the last couple of times I've been there and reports from others as well. [sad]

Stopped by here today and picked up some Golden Tiger ($249/case). They were well stocked with ammo and good prices too, e.g. 9mm 124gr blazer brass for $219/case. Lots of 308 and 223 as soon as you walk in the door as well.

Surprisingly though virtually no milsurps on the floor, only 2 M48 yugos and a mosin in an archangel stock. Seems like this place is just not bothering with the milsurps anymore judging by the last couple of times I've been there and reports from others as well. [sad]

It's disappointing. I bought one of those Yugo M24/47s when I was there a few weeks ago. They did have an order with classic firearms a week ago for a batch of the "original condition" 91/30s. Classic sold out though and tried to sell them ex snipers at a $75 mark up so they passed.

they still seem to be the best as far as ammo prices though, compared to Rileys, Shooters, and Al's in Derry they beat all of them easily.

I won't speak for the shop but I have a good idea why.... Those kinds of milsurps are becoming overpriced because the supply is going down and costs are going WAY up. The $500 SKS or whatever they are on a typical gun shop floor is basically an albatross that consumes a lot of capital and floor space, and it appeals to maybe a single digit ercentage of gun buyers these days. Long gone are the days of buying a big crate of mosin 91/30s for ~$60 a pop and filling a trash can with them in the store and selling them for $150 or whatever they went for. Or getting a bunch of M59 SKS that would sell for like $200 or less. There's an entire crew of people that bought milsurps "because they were cheap" or "on a lark, cause it was cheap" and those people simply aren't buying milsurps anymore. The serious milsurp guys are probably going online at this point to keep the price down anyways.

-Mike

That may be part of it, I think part of it too is the popularity of AR and AK types. Lots of those on the floor here and at riley's and shooters. My thought is that they'd rather put their capital into those guns that move quickly and also sell accessories and ammo for the shop, all of which which are good for the bottom line. The milsurps on the other hand may hang around for quite some time before selling. I don't fault them for it either, just sad that these places that used to have a bunch of cool old guns on hand don't anymore.

That may be part of it, I think part of it too is the popularity of AR and AK types. Lots of those on the floor here and at riley's and shooters. My thought is that they'd rather put their capital into those guns that move quickly and also sell accessories and ammo for the shop, all of which which are good for the bottom line. The milsurps on the other hand may hang around for quite some time before selling. I don't fault them for it either, just sad that these places that used to have a bunch of cool old guns on hand don't anymore.

The reason is that there just isn't anything out there... yeah, there are SKS's we would have to sell around $500 and Mosins to sell at $300 or maybe a FEW other long guns but they are not being sold in typical distribution channels and the on line guys (who own the industry now) will not give us more than $10-$20 off their listed retail prices because they are already working on LOW LOW LOW margins competing on the internet.... C&R handguns are joke right now as well... again, same issues. The "Collectables" are a nice Niche but we would be out of business years ago without contemporary production firearms and ammo.... if you think one of our Three employees are going to find any good inventory at any of the local auctions you are sadly mistaken... not to mention the time it takes, the prices are typically OVER retail with phone and internet bidders in CA and other states paying the dough to get their collectables.... it is time to admit that the surplus market place is all done for small businesses... outside of few odds and ends the political climate and available inventory has created a vacuum in brick and mortar. We will always have some odds and ends and try to keep interesting items available to collectors but the C&R market is not in any way our focus... we will soon be DBA 619 Guns & Ammo. Thank you all for your continued support and please know that we will continue to offer AGGRESSIVE prices on guns ammo and magazines no matter how many Trumps and Clintons get into office.
-Keith

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Keith, I had a feeling that the surplus market may be at an end. As I said though, you guys still blow away all the other local places when it comes to ammo prices and availability. I picked up a few hundred bucks worth when I was there and will in the future.

Back
Top Bottom