Collapsable baton

b385cf2814200855658297f0b1af04ed.jpg

Not the only one, either.

Since I live in Wakefield, I contacted the Middlesex County District Attorney's office with a couple of questions. A woman named Alison took control of the conversation right away and basically interrogated me. I asked about minimum legal shotgun barrel lengths in MA. She asked if I was a MA resident, whether I held the proper FID or LTC to possess a shotgun, whether the shotgun was an assault weapon (she read the evil features list to me). I said no, just a Remington 870 12 gauge pump and I was a resident with the proper license. She told me the minimum legal barrel length for a shotgun was 18" and the minimum legal barrel length for a rifle was 16". I asked about police exemptions. She asked if I was a police officer. When I said no, she told me that I should not be concerned with police exemptions because they do not apply to private citizens. I asked about the collapsing baton. She said legal to keep at home or place of business for personal defense, but illegal to carry on the person or in a vehicle on any public way. This is from the people who prosecute folks who get arrested in Middlesex County. I would take their words seriously!

Well since some random woman named Allison at the Middlesex DA said so it must be true!

308 I’ll save you the effort. No need to reply with how I’m going to jail.

An ASP is a great addition if you know how to use it. You don't hit the perp in the head, fleshy parts of the body and it hurts like hell. Great for trying to subdue an individual attacking you who isn't armed with a gun or knife. It would be perfect to retaliate against these Antifa/Anarchist types if you were jumped/attacked..

Gotta disagree here. IMO one of the only places a baton shines is for defending against a knife attack. Classic mil and police defense against a knife attacker is the front kick, combine this with a couple nice knuckle raps and that perp won't be holding the knife for very long.

Move off the line of attack
cover face and neck with arms, the back of forearms and hands to defend (not the inside!)
baton in strong hand, tip of the baton back and over your shoulder keeping it out of the fight elbow forward
throw the front kick, circle away, keep moving, when you have your chance
diagonally and down while the attack is on its way in or my favorite
can also attack horizontal to the ground the elbow and wrist while the attack is on the way out, this multiplies the force of the strike, hurts really really really bad

loser of a knife fight dies on the spot
winner dies on the way to the hospital

if you know any grappling a baton can help you access the single leg when it would normally be too far away

just like a gun tho, if you take it out you better use it

Back
Top Bottom