Cold camp trip!!!

For all that you could have brought a 4 season 2 man tent with a inflatable 4" air mattress and set up with half the work and half the time and saved 10 pounds. IMHO

You maybe right, but for the extra work I had fire in my shelter and that means more to me then putting in a bit more effort. I could cook and do camp task's and never leave my seat. Also I can increase or decrease the temp by adjusting the smoke flap above the refelctor wall attached to the notched adjustment pole. So I guess there is a trade off.

You maybe right, but for the extra work I had fire in my shelter and that means more to me then putting in a bit more effort. I could cook and do camp task's and never leave my seat. Also I can increase or decrease the temp by adjusting the smoke flap above the refelctor wall attached to the notched adjustment pole. So I guess there is a trade off.

Yep, a lot to be said for having that fire handy. I'm pretty sure that I go through a very similar process when I set up my hammock, it just never dawned on me that it was such a production. Good vid by the way.

Everything is kinda a production in the woods, but I think that’s what makes it so interesting and fun.
Thanks for all the comments folks, glad to see all the hammock campers.

For all that you could have brought a 4 season 2 man tent with a inflatable 4" air mattress and set up with half the work and half the time and saved 10 pounds. IMHO

I wonder if I go through the same process when I set up my hammock???[hmmm]

... and not have to "bail" (fail?).

Here's to lesson learned and better luck next time. I give credit for trying it out though. Once did some camping at the Connecticut Lakes in April some 25 years ago. There was still snow on the ground and ice on the rivers. Some guys in a motor home pull in next to us and start up their generator. They're sipping cold brews, playing cards, etc. while we're freezing and getting by. Finally had to swim in said icy river after 3 days we were so ripe. Now THAT was cold!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom