• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cohasset man charged with living in Cohasset....

So....cops are our friends? Really? Somehow, I think maybe not!
Uh, friends not so much, but the decent ones do serve a useful purpose in civilized society so long as they don't feel that they are deserving of more rights than their fellow citizens. Admittedly, those parameters do diminish the number of good ones considerably. There are some good ones.

Ok this may explain why the guy couldn’t get his Cohasset LTC:

Among the things that caught my eye (although it won’t apply to my father), is that out-of-town renewals have to show proof of a safety course. So, you could have a permit for 10 years, move to cohasset, and have to take the course again if you couldn’t find your class cert. Unbelievable.

Also looks like for all out-of-town renewals they require actual letters of references (not just names), I thought towns had done away with this? Guess not.

Furthermore, Out-town-renewals need some some sort of a letter from the chief in the old town. That’s a new one on me!

Lastly, it did seem clear as my dad has said, that they do want a letter regarding concealed carry from my father even though he has only had a permit in Cohasset and it has always been to carry.”

———
Post in thread 'Another “renewal letter” town (Cohasset, MA)'
Another “renewal letter” town (Cohasset, MA)

Ok this may explain why the guy couldn’t get his Cohasset LTC:

Among the things that caught my eye (although it won’t apply to my father), is that out-of-town renewals have to show proof of a safety course. So, you could have a permit for 10 years, move to cohasset, and have to take the course again if you couldn’t find your class cert. Unbelievable.

Also looks like for all out-of-town renewals they require actual letters of references (not just names), I thought towns had done away with this? Guess not.

Furthermore, Out-town-renewals need some some sort of a letter from the chief in the old town. That’s a new one on me!

Lastly, it did seem clear as my dad has said, that they do want a letter regarding concealed carry from my father even though he has only had a permit in Cohasset and it has always been to carry.”

———
Post in thread 'Another “renewal letter” town (Cohasset, MA)'
Another “renewal letter” town (Cohasset, MA)
If this is what happened (dude moved, brought his previously legal guns to MA, bought a house, tried to get his LTC to “get legal”), this was a bad bad situation. Not a setup exactly but pretty close.

Uh, friends not so much, but the decent ones do serve a useful purpose in civilized society so long as they don't feel that they are deserving of more rights than their fellow citizens. Admittedly, those parameters do diminish the number of good ones considerably. There are some good ones.
Well, the two lovely young ladies who falsely arrested me in Long Beach 36 years ago for carrying a "switchblade" ( actually a legal Gerber FS II lockblade folder with FlickIt attachment) and jailed me for 3 days over a holiday weekend until arraignment are what you consider "friends"? They gave me a permanent, lifelong, FBI felony weapons rap sheet that will never go away. Sorry, but I respectfully disagree with you. Cops are not your friends. My arrest was one more advancement for them and a permanent screw-over for me. Believe what you want. Just hope the same never happens to you or a member of your family.

If this is what happened (dude moved, brought his previously legal guns to MA, bought a house, tried to get his LTC to “get legal”), this was a bad bad situation. Not a setup exactly but pretty close.
If he started the process within 60 days of moving in, he's potentially legal.

Well, the two lovely young ladies who falsely arrested me in Long Beach 36 years ago for carrying a "switchblade" ( actually a legal Gerber FS II lockblade folder with FlickIt attachment) and jailed me for 3 days over a holiday weekend until arraignment are what you consider "friends"? They gave me a permanent, lifelong, FBI felony weapons rap sheet that will never go away. Sorry, but I respectfully disagree with you. Cops are not your friends. My arrest was one more advancement for them and a permanent screw-over for me. Believe what you want. Just hope the same never happens to you or a member of your family.

Heard from a user-who-shall-remain-unamed here on NES that my grandfather, as a judge, pulled his ass out of the frying pan when der kopsch in MA tried to claim his semi auto pistol was a machinegun, and the DA was all too happy to charge him with it. When they got the report back from MSP lab which stated "no, this isn't a machinegun" they decided to pursue the charges anyway. Lovely people.

I mention this because the same judge who apparently was very animated in his verbal admonishment of said police and DA, was at one time a police commissioner and a mayor himself... and even he said to me growing up "Respect the police, but remember they are not your friends - even if they are your friend" - my LEO father said the same thing. It's one thing to respect the badge, but there's respect that needs earning inside the uniform which is holding it up.

Shoutout to another NES'er who recently told me about being jammed up by his local LEOs over nonsense despite having a badge himself and doing absolutely jack shit wrong. That "thin blue line" thing in many cases is as much liberal propaganda as "fully semi automatic".

They're not your friends. There are nice ones, good ones, mean ones, bad ones, but they're not duty bound to protect you or be on your side when you're wronged.

Last edited:
Cucked righties that think cops are on our side are a serious problem. I hate to break it to you but nearly all of the violations of citizens rights are carried out by the police.

I never registered a gun in MA. Neither did my wife. We both live in MA and have MA LTCs and bought our guns out of state. So..we are now felons? If that is the case, we will bring them to our Florida vacation/retirement townhouse.
Idk lol I'm a border line drunk who hasn't lived in MA in almost 6 years... definitely not someone you want to bank your legal standing on.

However I've just not seen that before

I don’t understand how this has never been challenged in court. I can see how a state can say you need this permit to buy a gun, it’s tyranny but I get it. I don’t see how they can demand a license to keep a firearm on private property. This concept is insane to me.
I have always asked that.

Overview
On June 26, 2008, in District of Columbia v. Heller (PDF), the United States Supreme Court issued its first decision since 1939 interpreting the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. The Court ruled that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution confers an individual right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self-defense. It also ruled that two District of Columbia provisions, one that banned handguns and one that required lawful firearms in the home to be disassembled or trigger-locked, violate this right.

I have always asked that.

Overview
On June 26, 2008, in District of Columbia v. Heller (PDF), the United States Supreme Court issued its first decision since 1939 interpreting the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. The Court ruled that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution confers an individual right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self-defense. It also ruled that two District of Columbia provisions, one that banned handguns and one that required lawful firearms in the home to be disassembled or trigger-locked, violate this right.
Well, in order for anything to change someone has to go through the legal battle that will be extremely long and expensive- who needs that… a plea deal is easier.

If this guy is as wealthy and smart and successful as his resume would have us believe, maybe he is the perfect guy to challenge the constitutionality of certain aspects of MA gun law. [thinking]
smart and wealthy people usually avoid long and painful fights. what mike said will probably gonna happen - some sort of a deal with a DA. will see.

I know someone who was living with her father when he died. She continued to live in the house for a long time with her father's safe full of guns and no LTC. Could she have been charged just like this guy in Cohasset if she had been caught?

I know someone who was living with her father when he died. She continued to live in the house for a long time with her father's safe full of guns and no LTC. Could she have been charged just like this guy in Cohasset if she had been caught?
There was a woman who came home to find her husband dead of a heart attack and the authorities tried to jack her up on 'safe storage' violations because of the gun holstered on her husband's corpse.
@Rob Boudrie knows the full story.

There was another guy on the cape that suffered a heart attack while cleaning his guns and the same charges were filed against him for leaving his safe open while EMTs carted him off to the hospital. @Len-2A Training knows that story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom