Cohasset man charged with living in Cohasset....

DPR

NES Member
.....Mass with firearms but no LTC. Thanks to this solid police work we are all safer (*sarcasm*) and Jeff is screwed.

"" COHASSET — Chief William Quigley reports that the Cohasset Police Department arrested a man on multiple firearms charges over the weekend.

JEFFREY GRANOFF, AGE 49, OF COHASSET, has been charged with:

• Unlawful Possession of a Firearm (16 counts)
  • Failing to Register a Firearm (16 counts)
  • Possession of Ammunition (one count)
On May 22, detectives assigned to the Cohasset Police Criminal Investigation Division, while conducting a separate investigation, received detailed information related to the presence of numerous illegally-owned firearms in GRANOFF’S home. GRANOFF does not have a license to carry a firearm.

As a result of learning this information, Cohasset Police detectives, applied for, received and executed a search warrant of GRANOFF’S home on Sunday, May 23. The court authorized search of the home resulted in police seizing multiple firearms, high-capacity magazines and a quantity of ammunition.

GRANOFF was arrested by detectives at his home without incident during the execution of the warrant.""

GRANOFF was arraigned in Quincy District Court on Monday, May 24, and is scheduled for a subsequent dangerousness hearing.

The investigation remains ongoing and no further information is available at this time.

These are allegations. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Last edited:
This sounds like it might make a good court case assuming the guy is clean. The cops got a warrant to arrest him based on the chance he might have guns in his home and nothing else. That’s like being swatted because some random person says you have something illegal.

This sounds like it might make a good court case assuming the guy is clean. The cops got a warrant to arrest him based on the chance he might have guns in his home and nothing else. That’s like being swatted because some random person says you have something illegal.
Angry ex?

I really really hope this is some upper middle class Boston IT/biotech professional with absolutely no criminal record and a set of balls and bankroll to fight this. How many rights were violated? I mean, he didn’t even “do” anything. Someone who was caught in something totally separate and probably actually breaking the lawz, ratted him out.

[shakes fist at sky]

He's in a million dollar condo in Cohasset and an ivy league grad. So far so good.
would be interesting to follow the story, for sure. i am a bit pessimistic on the outcome, and predict a plea deal of some sort. will see.
also, smart, rich, and a 16 weapons with no license - does not compute. odd stuff.

unless license was revoked by some restraining order and then ex came with a vengeance. who knows. then he is screwed.

I wonder if he moved from a normal state and didn’t know he had to bend over as far as he’s required at the MA state border.
This is what I'm thinking. My neighbor up the street moved here from North Dakota (about 10-15 years ago) and brought a lever action rifle with him. He was stunned when I told him whats necessary to simply possess a firearm in the home and the penalty if caught without having a LTC.

I got him to take the gun safety course, brought him to the range a couple times, but he ended up shipping the rifle back to his brother in North Dakota and has yet to get his LTC...

I don’t understand how this has never been challenged in court. I can see how a state can say you need this permit to buy a gun, it’s tyranny but I get it. I don’t see how they can demand a license to keep a firearm on private property. This concept is insane to me.
Welcome to Massachusetts

I wonder if he moved from a normal state and didn’t know he had to bend over as far as he’s required at the MA state border.
Exactly. I'll never move back to MA. If I got a job offer that was more than enough to make up for cost of living difference, I'd move to NH before MA. Even my wife agrees. I told her that all of her guns are "illegal" in MA without getting permission first and all of our magazines and rifles are illegal there too.

This dude still has to go through the expense of a trial and possible decades in prison when a judge sentences consecutively.
A judge is going to "instruct" the jury that the man is guilty and that they cannot judge the law. He'll lose everything while sitting in prison waiting for appeals.
Please, NES members, in that jurisdiction try to get on the jury and hang it.
Meanwhile, MA judges, mayors, are releasing illegal alien criminals without bail.

If this guy is smart he'll get his attorney to help him get a deal and cwof out and just move out of this s*** hole. He can probably get all his money back on the condo with the way things are right now.

Exactly. I'll never move back to MA. If I got a job offer that was more than enough to make up for cost of living difference, I'd move to NH before MA. Even my wife agrees. I told her that all of her guns are "illegal" in MA without getting permission first and all of our magazines and rifles are illegal there too.

This dude still has to go through the expense of a trial and possible decades in prison when a judge sentences consecutively.
A judge is going to "instruct" the jury that the man is guilty and that they cannot judge the law. He'll lose everything while sitting in prison waiting for appeals.
Please, NES members, in that jurisdiction try to get on the jury and hang it.
Meanwhile, MA judges, mayors, are releasing illegal alien criminals without bail.
My guess is that he won't spend much time at all in jail. The commiewealth just really wants to take his guns and prohibit him from ever legally owning them again. That's all. What they do NOT want is to raise his profile enough that it becomes national news. If it becomes a federal case and the guy really does have a clean record, there's a chance they'll have to defend the despotic law in federal court and risk it being overturned. They do NOT want that.

My guess is that he won't spend much time at all in jail. The commiewealth just really wants to take his guns and prohibit him from ever legally owning them again. That's all. What they do NOT want is to raise his profile enough that it becomes national news. If it becomes a federal case and the guy really does have a clean record, there's a chance they'll have to defend the despotic law in federal court and risk it being overturned. They do NOT want that.
They will cut him a deal if there's even the slightest threat of him escalating this into the federal sphere. I'm sure the cabal has already talked to whoever the DA is. Antis do not want clean gun cases advancing.

Lawyer up and let us know where to donate.

It also sounds like he has at least one too many "friends" in his close circle.

Or he is one of those people who openly talk about shit they should not openly talk about. I know at least a couple people who regularly talk about shit they shouldn't have with people they shouldn't - I know it's only a matter of time before they f*** themselves.

Back
Top Bottom