• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cohasset man charged with living in Cohasset....

Wait. Quasset???? He pronounces it Quasset????? I mean, I know it's not Cooooooooooooooh-Hasset. But Quasset????

Hold on. That's not chief Whateverhisnameis. That's Peter Griffen.
Hadn't listened until you posted this, then shared it with my GF...
"Did he say 'Quack-set,' like a duck?"

This isn't a "registration" issue but ok... lmao
The difference with a "non registry" is that it is not a crime to possess a gun not on the non-registry.

Get caught with a handgun not on your pistol permit in NY and it's a criminal offense. No such thing as loaning a buddy a gun (except when you are together at a range) until he gets his fixed.

Unreal. [thinking] This is an illegal agenda supported by cops.
This would not happen in CO. Cops in sanctuaries in some places refuse to do it. Those are men.

Good luck!

Coulda been me.

When I moved here, I brought my guns with me. I'd owned them in three other states, and it never occurred to me that I couldn't own them here as well. I lived here about five years before I realized I had to do anything special with them.

This happens. It's not like MA goes out of its way to post signs at the border advising people from freer states that they'll need an LTC. If you don't discover NES, don't try to buy a new piece, and don't try to shoot off much ammo, you might never realize you're a felon.

This happens. It's not like MA goes out of its way to post signs at the border advising people from freer states that they'll need an LTC. If you don't discover NES, don't try to buy a new piece, and don't try to shoot off much ammo, you might never realize you're a felon.
MA did have these signs on the NH border years ago and then took them down after people shot them full of holes in many places. Some clown judge 2-3 years back sentenced a NH resident for unlicensed possession in MA and made reference to the signs, as if they were still there not knowing those signs were long removed, which gave the the NH resident grounds for appeal.

The second cop in the video (Lennon) is the gun officer. Lots of hoops to jump through. Truly a “yellow” town, they want written LORs, a copy of your safety course (even for a renewal) etc, but they do give out lots of unrestricted licenses.

The second cop in the video (Lennon) is the gun officer. Lots of hoops to jump through. Truly a “yellow” town, they want written LORs, a copy of your safety course (even for a renewal) etc, but they do give out lots of unrestricted licenses.
I missed that - they want a person to attend a generic safety course for a renewal? On what grounds?

Coulda been me.

When I moved here, I brought my guns with me. I'd owned them in three other states, and it never occurred to me that I couldn't own them here as well. I lived here about five years before I realized I had to do anything special with them.

I worked with a guy that had guns in his house. When I told him that he needed an LTC, he looked at me like I had three heads. He said that he didn’t intend to CCW so he didn’t understand why he needed an LTC!

He had the blue card, so thought that he was good. Went ~ 12 years without knowing this. Blissful ignorance. Either way, got him all squared away

I missed that - they want a person to attend a generic safety course for a renewal? On what grounds?
Because they can. Under "chief's discretion" and "suitability", both allowed for in MGL, they can demand that you stand on your head and spit nickels before they will consider issuing a LTC or renewal. And most judges in MA would allow it, because "gunzz".

Because they can. Under "chief's discretion" and "suitability", both allowed for in MGL, they can demand that you stand on your head and spit nickels before they will consider issuing a LTC or renewal. And most judges in MA would allow it, because "gunzz".
Note that the original post said "copy of" - it did not say a new cert was needed.

I worked with a guy that had guns in his house. When I told him that he needed an LTC, he looked at me like I had three heads. He said that he didn’t intend to CCW so he didn’t understand why he needed an LTC!

He had the blue card, so thought that he was good. Went ~ 12 years without knowing this. Blissful ignorance. Either way, got him all squared away
A friend learned in the last year that his lifetime license was expired...

Doesn’t make it any less Unconstitutional

What if voting or another enumerated right was treated this way?

I know; preaching to the choir

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the criminal complaint in this case? I thought the Masscourt site above would have it but apparently not.

Are these accessible to the public?

Doesn’t make it any less Unconstitutional
Sadly, we won't get a MA court to rule this way. And in fact, MA courts all the way up to the SJC don't abide by the US Constitution or even recognize its validity unless it suits their purpose.
Does anyone know how to get a copy of the criminal complaint in this case? I thought the Masscourt site above would have it but apparently not.

Are these accessible to the public?
Yes, by going to the Clerk of Court's office (in the courthouse hearing the case) and requesting a copy. That's assuming that the court is open and that they are even allowing plebes in the building.

Note that the original post said "copy of" - it did not say a new cert was needed.
It’s annoying because they are asking this for renewals who would have had to have taken the safety course to get their original license (based on date of issue). So, it’s just busting chops by forcing people (like me) to track down their safety class cert from almost 20 years ago.

My wife's family finally stopped asking why I don't move closer to them so my wife can see them more often. I explained I cannot and will not live in MA because my firearms make me a felon in Massachusetts, but are 100% legal in New Hampshire.

Yes, by going to the Clerk of Court's office (in the courthouse hearing the case) and requesting a copy. That's assuming that the court is open and that they are even allowing plebes in the building.
Anyone in or near Quincy who’d be willing to go request a copy from Quincy District Court clerks office? Case/docket # above.

When I moved here I had no idea until I went to go buy some ammo at O'Dowds on rt9

Guy was like I need to see your LTC.

I'm like, what's that ? lol

I never lived in Mass, but I was working there years ago, and went to Home Depot to get some shot for my Hilti gun. They wouldn't sell them to me because I didn't have an F.I.D. card or LTC. You don't need one for them any more, but one time you did.

I remember the signs on the NH border that said Guns were prohibited in Mass.

It’s annoying because they are asking this for renewals who would have had to have taken the safety course to get their original license (based on date of issue). So, it’s just busting chops by forcing people (like me) to track down their safety class cert from almost 20 years ago.
And worse for folks like myself who was grandfathered and never had to take a course after the 1998 law change. And I'm willing to bet that being an NRA & BFS instructor who teaches the courses isn't acceptable vs. taking a course. BTW, ME waived the course requirement based on my sending them a copy of my instructor credentials. I'll bet that FL and CT would too if asked, MA? No way!
Anyone in or near Quincy who’d be willing to go request a copy from Quincy District Court clerks office? Case/docket # above.
Be advised that if you ask them to make copies, the last I knew (a couple of years ago) they charge $1.00/page. If you take the original and feed one of their public copiers it was $0.25/page.

And worse for folks like myself who was grandfathered and never had to take a course after the 1998 law change. And I'm willing to bet that being an NRA & BFS instructor who teaches the courses isn't acceptable vs. taking a course. BTW, ME waived the course requirement based on my sending them a copy of my instructor credentials. I'll bet that FL and CT would too if asked, MA? No way!

Be advised that if you ask them to make copies, the last I knew (a couple of years ago) they charge $1.00/page. If you take the original and feed one of their public copiers it was $0.25/page.

Can confirm, when I called CT about a non-resident LTC, they said a copy of a BPS instructor cert would be sufficient. (Someday, I'll get around to filing that application)

Not only will I never reside in Mass again, I'll never set foot in Mass again. Family weddings, funerals and any other occasion will forever be minus my presence.
Man, that takes real balls and commitment to tell your own liberal relatives to GFY. Good for you for standing up for your beliefs!

I have searched around to see if I could get an update on this guys situation. It’s been almost a full year and not a single thing to be found. Has anyone seen an update on this case?

Back
Top Bottom