Coated Bullets

Coated are the new norm.
Anything Hi-Tek is awesome.
Most of the big casting companies now offer coated.
Super clean and easy to work with. No sticky lube and very very low if any smoke at all.
No leading. I push 357 with max loads from a carbine (1700 fps with my bullet and powder combo) with no leading and its accurate.
As suggested above check the reloading forum and check the NES annual cast bullet seminar threads I started. You can see links back for years and there is tons of info on the coated bullets in there.

Back in the day, I used somethingorother in my .40's. Damned if I recall what they were. They might have been blue-colored, but not "Blue Bullets".

They worked as advertised. I also used them copper-coated ones. Berry's, I think. Worked fine as well. Looked prettier. The targets never seemed to care one way or the other.

A quick check of 9mm shows that Berry's is only $10/K more than Blue Bullet. I recall a similar not-too-large difference back in the day. (I actually think I used Copper coated for 45 and polymer-coated for 40.)

I shoot powder coated bullets in both pistols and rifles with great results. I do my own with a Harbor Freight spray gun and a cheap toaster oven. I have not tried Hi-Tec.

I shoot powder coated bullets in both pistols and rifles with great results. I do my own with a Harbor Freight spray gun and a cheap toaster oven. I have not tried Hi-Tec.
You need to try hi-tek
Shoot me a PM and I’ll hook you up with a sample. Blows away powder coat

Just ordered some Blue Bullets...we will see how they do. Were is the best place to buy 223 bullets heads. ?
Nice! It's all I use for 9mm. I've shot tens of thousands of them with no issues. I run the 147 gr RN bullets.

A quick check of 9mm shows that Berry's is only $10/K more than Blue Bullet. I recall a similar not-too-large difference back in the day. (I actually think I used Copper coated for 45 and polymer-coated for 40.)
There's a bunch of coupon codes floating around to get 5% off which helps. I bought one of their jerseys/patch to qualify for their sponsorship program so they give 10% off which is nice. They're significantly cheaper than berry's, for me anyway. I think my last order was 6 cents per bullet. Not bad.

Just for the record , you can just call them bullets because that’s what they are. When put together they are cartridges. Bullets are the actual projectiles.
Yup.

I hate it the most when people call them pills.

I use ibejiheads and love them. I will say I've found them slightly underweight at times by up to .8 gr. Doesn't really matter unless you're really riding the PF line. I also used Bayous for a while which were great and consistently a couple tenths of a grain overweight, which they do intentionally. I found Bayous to be a bit smokier using Titegroup than the Ibejis, but it was nothing that would keep me from ordering them again.

Back
Top Bottom