• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coastguardman planning a terror attack

On a Coasties salary? He did a damn fine job. And although it is tough to tell, I don't see any real garbage in that photo. Nothing screamed "Ruger" to me.
Lets assume for a moment, that he is over 12 years in as an O-3, he is making (base pay) $6,751.20 a month. On top of that, based on his duty location zip code (HQ in DC), he is getting another $2,571 a month for a housing allowance (BAH), which is tax free. And then, on top of that, he is getting food allowance (BAS), which is $254 a month, tax free as well.

$9576 a month, of which $2825 is not taxed.

I think he is making decent money.....

Obviously he was confused by the words “ will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic”

Well, that and being a complete nut job.

Coast Guard "Domestic Terrorist" Christopher Hasson's Hit List Included Elizabeth Warren
A detention memo for Hasson, a 49-year-old living in Maryland and stationed at the Coast Guard’s Washington headquarters, described him as “a domestic terrorist bent on committing acts dangerous to human life.” It outlined how he amassed a small arsenal of weapons, obtained a stockpile of human growth hormone and the opioid Tramadol, obsessively read the extremist manifesto penned by Breivik, and created a list of potential targets in politics and media, including Warren and other Democratic presidential hopefuls, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, and TV personalities Joe Scarborough and Van Jones.

Hasson referred to Warren in his spreadsheet as “poca warren,” a reference to Trump’s “Pocahontas” nickname for the senator, it says.

Coast Guard Lieutenant Accused of Domestic Terror Plot Granted Pre-Trial Release

(GREENBELT, Md.) — A federal magistrate has agreed to the pre-trial release of a Coast Guard lieutenant accused of being a domestic terrorist.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul Day noted on Thursday that 50-year-old Christopher Hasson hasn’t been charged with any terrorism related offenses. Hasson was arrested Feb. 15 and is awaiting trial on firearms and drug charges. Prosecutors say he created a hit list of prominent Democrats, two Supreme Court justices, network TV journalists and social media company executives.

Coast Guard Lieutenant Accused of Domestic Terror Plot Granted Pre-Trial Release

Lets assume for a moment, that he is over 12 years in as an O-3, he is making (base pay) $6,751.20 a month. On top of that, based on his duty location zip code (HQ in DC), he is getting another $2,571 a month for a housing allowance (BAH), which is tax free. And then, on top of that, he is getting food allowance (BAS), which is $254 a month, tax free as well.

$9576 a month, of which $2825 is not taxed.

I think he is making decent money.....

One of the articles said that he was commissioned into the Coast Guard on June 1, 2012, so he had a little over 6.5 years in when nabbed.

He was commissioned into the Coast Guard on June 1, 2012.

His "arsenal" is kind of lacking. Typical propaganda with the pic of his weapons and ammo displayed to look as sinister as possible, typical of leftist journalists.
And it sounds as though the prosecution is targeting his thoughts, not his actions.

No dangerousness hearing? Sure, he hadn’t acted on anything, but he had a manifesto and a plan. I bet he’s surveilled like a hawk though.

No dangerousness hearing? Sure, he hadn’t acted on anything, but he had a manifesto and a plan. I bet he’s surveilled like a hawk though.
Doesn't everyone have a manifesto? I have a manifesto. Mine has a pretext on the preface page that states "the following is a work of fiction. For entertainment purposes only."
Ass Covered.

Back
Top Bottom