• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CO Supreme Court rules CO magazine ban constitutional

Reptile

NES Member
DENVER (KDVR) — The Colorado Supreme Court ruled Monday that a law banning gun magazines that hold more than 15 rounds is Constitutional.

The Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (RMGO) filed the lawsuit, stating that the law violates a person’s state constitutional right to bear arms.

In 2013, the democratic led House and Senate passed the ban in Colorado which prohibits the sale or possession of magazines that hold more than 15 rounds.Read full order:Download

It was one of several gun reform laws passed that years following a number of deadly mass shooting in the U.S. including Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut and the Aurora theatre shooting.

At the time, the law’s sponsor argued high-capacity magazines are designed to kill a large number of people in a short amount of time.

Where do you even get a 15-round Glock mag? In many cases you’re effectively limited to 10.

By this logic any car capable of rapid acceleration or speeds over 75mph should be banned. We need to get this kind of bill submitted just so we can use it as an example.

Where do you even get a 15-round Glock mag? In many cases you’re effectively limited to 10.

STANDARD GLOCK CAPACITIES:

Glock 19 = 15 rounds, 9mm
Glock 20 = 15 rounds, 10mm
Glock 21 = 13 rounds, 45 ACP
Glock 22 = 15 rounds, .40 S&W
Glock 23 = 13 rounds, .40 S&W
Glock 31 = 15 rounds, .357 SIG
Glock 32 = 13 rounds, .357 SIG

There may be others but that is all I can think of at this time.

STANDARD GLOCK CAPACITIES:

Glock 19 = 15 rounds, 9mm
Glock 20 = 15 rounds, 10mm
Glock 21 = 13 rounds, 45 ACP
Glock 22 = 15 rounds, .40 S&W
Glock 23 = 13 rounds, .40 S&W
Glock 31 = 15 rounds, .357 SIG
Glock 32 = 13 rounds, .357 SIG

There may be others but that is all I can think of at this time.
Ah, I didn't specify -- I was just thinking of 17-rd Glock 17/34 mags. Having my coffee now.

Living in rural Colorado, the law is so poorly written it is ignored by the cops. Since there is no way to prove when a magazine was acquired, no way to enforce.

My local gun store has sold mag's that were "limited" by a pop rivet in the side. A few seconds with a 5/32 drill and it's no longer "limited". They are allowed (and do) sell "magazine parts kits" that are regular magazines disassembled. 30 round P-Mags "parts kits" all day, everyday. Perfectly legal.

Back
Top Bottom