• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CO: Gun Sales and Class Enrollment Soar

Just days after the horrifying events in Aurora, Colorado — where at least twelve people were killed and dozens more injured by what police believe to be a lone gunman — the Denver Post is reporting that background checks for people wanting to buy guns in the state have jumped more than 41% after Friday’s horrific events.

“It’s been insane,” Jake Meyers, an employee at Rocky Mountain Guns and Ammo in Parker, told the Post. He added that Monday was probably “the busiest Monday all year” and that the store’s firearms classes are booked solid for the next three weeks.

Link

Doesn't surprise me. The incident in CO has made me carry more. I shoot every week but, despite my unrestricted LTC-A, I rarely carry. The randomness of that act makes me think that I should be prepared to protect my family everywhere we go, which in turn has me carrying more.

I have to admit that one of my first reactions to the shooting was to stock up on "Assault Weapon" related items. The type of stuff that was previously banned under the Clinton administration.

Its sad, but it is our reality. We cannot mourn for the losses of our fellow Americans after a senseless tragedy without the bitter reality that our rights will be under political attack.

At least 41percent more realized that gun free zones are deadly and that the person most responsible for their safety is themselves.

Gun sales in NH took a big jump in week following Colorado theater shooting:

Gun sales spiked 27% in New Hampshire after Aurora shooting

During the four-day period after the Aurora shooting, the New Hampshire State Police received about 450 handgun background check requests from federally licensed dealers. During the Friday through Monday period the week before (July 13-16), the state police received 354 calls for background check requests.

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20120728/AGGREGATION/120729636

But what if... threatening more gun control... is reverse psychology by the government to get us to buy more guns to reduce crime? [shocked]

Back
Top Bottom