• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CNN Poll.

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
I used to think the viewers of CNN were slightly left, but after seeing this poll I have changed my mind.

bushpoll.JPG

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/22/us.al.jazeera/index.html

What is amazing is 70% of the CNN viewers believe this bullshit.

Let's look at the wording of this poll and what it actually asks and what it's actually trying to imply;

...believe...talked about...

Now, what if some junior military diplo-dink wannabe strattegist says, "Hey, Mr. President, we could bomb al-Jazeera and they couldn't broadcast the beheadings."

Mr. President says, "That's the stupidist idea I've ever heard. You're fired!"

Well, guess what folks, he just talked about it. However, the poll is trying to imply that the President was actually talking about wanting to bomb the bastards. Or, at least, trying to lead the pollers in that direction.

I love Polls like this anyway. It's like thinking the Howie Carr poll is representative of America.

I mean 90% of the people who listen to his show.

90% of people who watch CNN (for more than a good laugh) are either Liberal, or dim.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

PS: and I mean Dim, that they think the news actully contains those "facts" things.

I was just thinking this morning about the bullshit that was fed to me durring the AWB.

I'd be willing to bet he did discuss it - seriously. Any President or commander in such a position would consider it. War is War...it ain't pretty and to get the job done requires such thoughts about what needs to be taken out.

I'd be pissed if he didn't discuss it.

I'm with Tony on this one. It's an idea that someone around the White House would almost certainly come up with. (I spent a good deal of time around the White House and Executive Office Building during the Regan administration.) Whatever else one might think about Bush, he's never struck me as the type to hide from hard proposals, dumb or smart. I can't see him doing a sort of Clintonesque version of Henry II's "will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

Ken

I heard someone on the radio a couple days ago saying something to the effect of "Tony blair probably joked about it to Pres. Bush and he probably laughed, saying it was a good idea." That's most likely what happened and the NEXT thing ya know, it's a serious consideration. [roll]

I doubt it. I'm sure they were thinking "What could we possibly do to turn the entire world Muslim population against us?" doubtful.

derek said:
I doubt it. I'm sure they were thinking "What could we possibly do to turn the entire world Muslim population against us?" doubtful.

The way to do it would be to get some of our guys fluent in Arabic (with the correct regional accents) to dress up in the standard terrorist costumes, complete with masks, and prepare a video taking credit for the whole thing in the name of some wingnut Al-Quaeda splinter cell, and release it to all the media a few minutes after tha place has a mysterious encounter with a couple of faltbed trucks trucks full of old artillery shells and a little semtex.

Ken

al-Jazeera's still here; so the Bush admin must not have discussed it as a serious proposal.
"What could we possibly do to turn the entire world Muslim population against us?"
Can't see how bombing al-Jazeera would alter anything.

Don't really see where the problem is... I'd be disapointed if he didn't at least entertain the idea, if not do some actual planning around it. Could the Arabs hate us more?

Back
Top Bottom