• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CNN on relationship between race and 2A support

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
I think the author accidentally tripped over a good question.

"Does race shape Americans' passion for guns?"
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/10/us/guns-race/
What if large groups of African-American men carrying shotguns and semi-automatic rifles started moseying into stores across America to tout their support of open-carry gun laws?
A federal version of the Mulford Act would be passed at the first opportunity. However, as much as I disagree with the sentiment that OCT is helping anyone including themselves, I am _all for_ the right of "African-American men" to carry "shotguns and semi-automatic rifles" and mosey "into stores across America to tout their support of open-carry gun laws[.]" And I would encourage African-American men to, at a minimum, buy shotguns and semi-automatic rifles, train, and shoot often.

Also:
How the KKK got into gun control
The KKK took so easily to gun control because the nation's first gun control laws in the 19th century were rooted in racism, historians say.
So in trying to associate gun owners with the KKK, the author accidentally points out that gun restrictionism is rooted in racism.

Back
Top Bottom