• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CNN Host thinks gun shop owners should test mental health of gun buyers!

I believe the no longer funny late night shows and saturday night live also floated this idea, or having them seek out and verify references...they are basically throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks with the general public, much like their absurd repetition of the claim that 90% support background checks.

I believe the no longer funny late night shows and saturday night live also floated this idea, or having them seek out and verify references...they are basically throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks with the general public, much like their absurd repetition of the claim that 90% support background checks.
I can't imagine anyone's references not standing up for the person in question.

Like, if I had to provide a reference, I wouldn't use anyone I thought would give a dubious reference. Likewise, if I were giving a reference for someone I knew it's unlikely I'd speak ill of them unless they were so f***ing crazy I never hung around them anyway. If they were that level of crazy I don't know what I would do, because it'd be at the level where if you talked shit about them they'd show up drunk at your door and demand a reason and a recant.

This whole idea is just spitballing nonsense- there isn't a psych litmus test for this, and the tests that are out there take an extended period of time to administer and years of schooling to be able to interpret correctly.

A ffl is totally unqualified to administer let alone interpret any kind of psychological test, but on the same token, there isn't a good "You're f***ing crazy" test.

Like, what do they think this is going to be?

"Are you buying this gun to murder a bunch of people?" Y/N

Or

"Please look at this ink block and describe the first thought that comes to your mind?"

One is ridiculously stupid, the other needs years of schooling.
Better question:
"Describe in single words only the good things that come into your mind about... your mother."
[rofl2]

I can't imagine anyone's references not standing up for the person in question.

Like, if I had to provide a reference, I wouldn't use anyone I thought would give a dubious reference. Likewise, if I were giving a reference for someone I knew it's unlikely I'd speak ill of them unless they were so f***ing crazy I never hung around them anyway. If they were that level of crazy I don't know what I would do, because it'd be at the level where if you talked shit about them they'd show up drunk at your door and demand a reason and a recant.

This whole idea is just spitballing nonsense- there isn't a psych litmus test for this, and the tests that are out there take an extended period of time to administer and years of schooling to be able to interpret correctly.

what about the people who don't know anyone, or don't have many or any friends, are they then cut out of exercising their rights?

I don't even entertain this nonsense as its lunacy

OK, now I am just picturing going to Four Seasons for something and having Carl say "first, tell me about your mother."

"I'm sorry, but you have been found to have symptoms associated with mental illness, your transaction has been denied"

"wait, WHAT? I'm not mentally ill? What symptoms are you talking about?"

"Attempting to purchase a gun is a sign of mental illness, therefor I cannot sell you this gun"

i am pretty sure that 100% of the people here think CNN REPORTERS need to have their mental health tested.

and for good reason

I think voters, elected officials, and cable news anchors should have to pass a cognitive function test that consists of placing wooden blocks of different shapes and colors into corresponding holes.
It would solve so many problems.

I think CNN reporters should be hooked up to a lie detector that runs ten thousand volts through their taint every time it goes off.

I think CNN reporters should be hooked up to a lie detector that runs ten thousand volts through their taint every time it goes off.
If we had the power to do that why can't we just take the whole thing off the air? [laugh]
Now you understand why CNN is in favor of solar power -
their signature programs broadcast at night.

Lots of old farts with lots of guns and ammo, contemplating ways to avoid the long slow death of nursing homes and hospitals. A lot of them would prefer to go out in a blaze of glory, but have no immediately available certified bad guys to go get John Wayne style. But if gun confiscators start knocking on doors, or if politicians start passing laws that mess with gun ownership rights, then you suddenly have a list of what many might consider certified bad guys. For some, many perhaps, it be a dream come true, a good way to go out.

Back
Top Bottom