CMP talks pricing regarding 1911s

A decent M1911A1 is hard to come by; most I see are $1500 and up. $1200 FG or $1400 SG might be worth it. Don't know if I'd jump. We'd better start saving now.

T

Most decent ones I see are more like $1800 so if CMP can come in around $13-1400 for a service grade that would be nice.

I'm thinking $1000 rack, $1150 field, $1300 service grades.

The cmp has become a huge cash cow....they spent a good penny on the shooting park and selling pistols they get for free. ( I know they pay for shipping and such but the product is free) will help pay for that and the board members.
If they are simply going to remove from crate grade them and sell them that's fine I might pay. But if they are going to assemble them like they been doing with the M1s I rather not.

I'm also 100% certain any sewing machine or some what rare models will be cherry picked and put to private collections or onto the cmp auction

They have to pay for the armorers, clerical and probably security personnel as well as storage facilities too

The most collectable ones will be sold in auction I assume. I just bought an original WWI vintage 1911. $1000 for a shooter is a good price.

$1000 for a standard issue 1911? C'mon, seriously? There's so many other guns you can own for that price. And a lot of them cheaper to feed.

$500 or less would have been something nice to see, you know maybe act like we want people buying them and getting new people into shooting. Hell, what did the gov pay for each one? Was it even $500?

I don't understand why anyone would drop $1k+ on a used, common pistol platform.

I figured $850.

Ever since Mark became in charge I haven't like the direction the CMP has been heading.

They're still paying Orest $378,248 a year to do something. (According to their 2014 990 form.)

$1000 for a standard issue 1911? C'mon, seriously? There's so many other guns you can own for that's nice price. And a lot of them cheaper to feed. $500 or less would have been something nice Finto see, you know maybe act like we want people buying them and getting new people into shooting. Hell, what did the gov pay for each one? Was it even $500? I don't understand. why anyone would drop $1k+ on a used, 'common pistol platform.

People like the idea of holding history in their hands failing to realize that they will be getting a beat up inaccurate paperweight abused by generations of Second Lieutenants in the Finance Corps with pitted barrels cracked frames and so loose they shake rattle and rattle and roll like your mothers old Kelvinator washing machine.

They have to pay for the armorers, clerical and probably security personnel as well as storage facilities too

I'm sure that will be covered no problem with 10,000 pistols at 1000.00 each.
Also remember cmp has a huge cash depot earning interest.

Does the cmp receiver any federal funding?

People like the idea of holding history in their hands failing to realize that they will be getting a beat up inaccurate paperweight abused by generations of Second Lieutenants in the Finance Corps with pitted barrels cracked frames and so loose they shake rattle and rattle and roll like your mothers old Kelvinator washing machine.

Well they will inspect and not sell those with cracked frames. Pitted barrels are a distinct possibility however.

For that piece of history in NRA VG condition, $1K would be reasonable, but for the bottom of the barrel 1911 there is no way that it is worth that much in today's world.

I paid $563 OTD for a relatively slightly abused Colt Series 70 back a few years ago, only the 2nd gun purchased at a gun show in >30 years. The hammer was badly pitted and there were some pitting on one side of the slide plus the gun was beyond dirty. Greg Derr replaced the hammer with the age-appropriate one and fixed it up for another $125 and I have a good shooting piece. Just to put some perspective on lessor grade 1911s.

I may be out at this price as well, but I think it is pretty safe to say that the CMP will still be able to sell everything they take in - 10,000 pistols could move pretty fast.

- - - Updated - - -

just curious...where does the money for the firearms go?

It goes to support the CMP mission of encouraging marksmanship in the civilian population. CMP matches etc.

just curious...where does the money for the firearms go?

The CMP Mission
To Promote Firearm Safety and Marksmanship Training
With an Emphasis on Youth
Our Vision
That Every Youth in America Has the Opportunity to Participate in
Firearm Safety and Marksmanship Programs

Back
Top Bottom