• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP "Special" M1 Garands

CMP's new grade of M1 Garand. Limited run of 1,000 Garands available for sale beginning 17 Sept, 2007. This rifle consists of a new production stock and handguard set with CMP cartouche, a new production barrel and new leather sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture. 2007 Introductory Price is $895.00 plus S&H.

NOTE: Earlier in 2007 this grade was advertised as "CMP SELECT". Because the current rifle does not meet the same description of the "SELECT" grade we had several years ago, we have renamed it as "CMP SPECIAL".

Tempting - my only Garand is "Field" grade, so it'd be nice to have something nice in the safe. Price is expensive for a CMP Garand, but cheaper than many of the refinished models I've seen out and about.

Is it worth $900???

They won't put garbage barrels on the rifles but for $895 you're not gonna get Krieger. Wilson barrels ( at least the stainless match barrel on the RRA upper ) are very accurate for mass-produced barrels. Criterion is another barrel maker that people use for these weapons.

Joe R.

I have a Wilson barrel on my rebuilt Garand. I had a 308 barrel installed to take advantage of all the cheap surplus 308 that was flooding the area.

Aside from that, it shoots great. The rifle was rebuilt by Dan at West Texas Armory.

Back
Top Bottom