• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP selling service grade Winchester m1 garands

I did my 20 years teaching science to 14 year-olds. Been retired 16 months and still have nightmares most nights - seriously. 4 superintendents, 5 assistant superintendents, 4 principals, 7 assistant principals, half a dozen coordinators, and over 4,000 students.

T[horse]

You guys are extremely generous, thank you! I will go through the thread and read everything today in order to figure out what makes the most sense to everyone.

What does everyone use for projos?

It will be a Field Grade so I think steel torso at 100 is an acceptable target. I'm not trying to hold MOA with the first one.

It will be a Field Grade so I think steel torso at 100 is an acceptable target. I'm not trying to hold MOA with the first one.

even still the noslers can be found cheaper than the hornady 150fmjs.
dont waste your time with the 147s oe any pulled bullets. just buy PPU and sell the brass to offset thecost a bit.

You'll also need a powder like Varget, 4064 or 4895; charge from 45-47.0gr and you're GTG

Any chance I can use TAC?

ETA Based on a quick Google search, the answer appears to be yes which is great news since I use TAC for my 5.56 loads.

What does everyone use for projos?

even still the noslers can be found cheaper than the hornady 150fmjs.
dont waste your time with the 147s oe any pulled bullets. just buy PPU and sell the brass to offset thecost a bit.

Yup. I use the Nosler 168 gr BTHP custom comps. Great value at 20-22 cents per bullet shipped. Depends when you buy them as they go on sale fairly often.

Any chance I can use TAC?

ETA Based on a quick Google search, the answer appears to be yes which is great news since I use TAC for my 5.56 loads.

I emailed Ramshot/western powders and they sent me there M1 garand data...

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. I use the Nosler 168 gr BTHP custom comps. Great value at 20-22 cents per bullet shipped. Depends when you buy them as they go on sale fairly often.

keep the eyes on sales and discount codes and you can dip into -18 cent each area.

I've got GI clips, lots of them. I can spare a bakers dozen, free for the asking. Do you find yourself near OCSA, or shall I ship?

If you could spare a dozen clips that would be AWESOME. I will shoot you a DM and pay for shipping!

Blue talk to me at the meatup. I have a lot more brass then I will probably ever need . I got a lot of hxp when it was .50 a round ( and we bitched at the markup ).

We can talk at the shoot first, maybe you could bring brass then if you have space?

I have a 35 pound kitty litter container filled with once fired HXP; south Plymouth.
t
If your local to Hanover Ma I can give you some once fired HXP might even have 100+ of the same year.

If I were local to either of you, I would certainly take you up on the offers: Thank you. If Gator is low on brass then I would happily pay shipping for a flat rate box of brass from anyone willing.

A tip for the clips that I learned from the guys on the forum: If the parkerize finish is a little heavy or the enblocs have some other crud, they can be a little sticky in the action and act up. Toss them in the tumbler for a long time until they are smooth. I had some new Aggressive Engineering enbloc clips that were hanging up and causing problems in my Special. No issues since tumbling them.

Got a call today that they are out of WRA Field Grades and would I like to get a WRA Service Grade instead? Yes please. Ship it to my door please.

Even better! Did you want the USGI wood or new wood? New might need a little clearing here and there, but it will support better accuracy. USGI may or may not have OK lock-up, but it may look cool. Depends on what you want.

Service WRA is tempting, but I'm holding out to see if they drag any HRA's or IHC's up to Vermont.

Ugh I mailed mine out yesterday, wonder if they'll honor based on postmark.. assuming they didn't forget to grab the mail bin on the street down the road from work. Snail mail hasn't failed me yet... if they do honor if, maybe I'll end up with a service grade? I doubt it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh I mailed mine out yesterday, wonder if they'll honor based on postmark.. assuming they didn't forget to grab the mail bin on the street down the road from work. Snail mail hasn't failed me yet... if they do honor if, maybe I'll end up with a service grade? I doubt it though.

funny when they put the "1 per year per customer" tag on the Win FG I figured they had a good amount on hand and wanted to spread the wealth....hope they just took a break to catch up on orders..

you could always toss a bid at this http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=4181&n=M1-Garand-Service-quotWin-13quot-WRA-1601357

this should be interesting also http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=4050&n=Kimber-Model-82-Government-22-Cal-Rifle

Hey Mountain heres your HRA http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=4180&n=Like-New-M1-Garand-Collector-HRA-5509108

Last edited:
funny when they put the "1 per year per customer" tag on the Win FG I figured they had a good amount on hand and wanted to spread the wealth....hope they just took a break to catch up on orders..

you could always toss a bid at this http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=4181&n=M1-Garand-Service-quotWin-13quot-WRA-1601357

this should be interesting also http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=4050&n=Kimber-Model-82-Government-22-Cal-Rifle

Hey Mountain heres your HRA http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=4180&n=Like-New-M1-Garand-Collector-HRA-5509108

For that price, does it come with a Schmidt and Bender scope? Only way I'd ever consider that kind of coin would be for a SRS listed National Match.

Mine was sent snail mail a couple weeks ago so I'm not sure how they would "honor" your postmark? Either they have the rifles or they don't. Since the WRA Service Grades aren't listed, best guess is they only have a handful.

Mine was sent snail mail a couple weeks ago so I'm not sure how they would "honor" your postmark? Either they have the rifles or they don't. Since the WRA Service Grades aren't listed, best guess is they only have a handful.

They typically list them as sold out before they actually are based on the amount of orders received, and as long as they have one, they honor the postmarked date.

They typically list them as sold out before they actually are based on the amount of orders received, and as long as they have one, they honor the postmarked date.

You missed the point: Mine was mailed over a week prior and they called to say there were no more WRA Field Grades. Why would they "honor" one mailed a week after that?

You missed the point: Mine was mailed over a week prior and they called to say there were no more WRA Field Grades. Why would they "honor" one mailed a week after that?

If they weren't listed as sold out before he mailed it they will TRY to honor the order as best as they can. If they cannot they won't, but they do their best. They might do what they did with you and offer the upgrade.

I placed an order years ago for a SG Springfield. They emailed me and said they were not finding many SG's and offered me a SG Winchester that was not even available to order. I got the Winchester.

For that price, does it come with a Schmidt and Bender scope? Only way I'd ever consider that kind of coin would be for a SRS listed National Match.

Im nor so sure what condition some of these original NM garands could be in? The prices have gone way up also.

Back
Top Bottom