• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP rules 2020

mac1911

NES Member
Not sure what if any changes

New rules, all your previous rifles are no longer legal. Get f***ed, with love.

I haven't read it it yet, am I right?
[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

You forgot, "Bend over, spread cheeks, open wallet."

That Modern Military flip-flopping had me VERY pissed off last year. Brought my AR-bomination in case the Bula M14 got pushed to Unlimited. Turns out CMP made an allowance for M1A's / M14's considering some of the Springfield Armory M1A's would be over 9.0 lbs. My Bula came in at 9.28 and passed. I think one of my bronze medals was with that rifle.

CMP really needs to lighten up on the scopes rules for Vintage Sniper. Current rules push 1903's to ridiculously expensive options and limit 1903A3's to weak magnification. My understanding via someone who knows his stuff much better than CMP was that their decision making process for the scope rules was severely lacking in fact based history.

edit-

Looks like the M1A limit is now 9.4 lbs.

Last edited:
i thought this was the announcement they were going to deal out all the old surplus Vietnam a1 m16’s piled away in the warehouse. [devil]

i thought this was the announcement they were going to deal out all the old surplus Vietnam a1 m16’s piled away in the warehouse. [devil]
All of those went to canada and where chopped up and sent back here as kits.......well thats where alot of those A1 kits reportedly came from.

I think M14s are allowed scopes now for service rifle but not sure if cheekrisers are ok.
have no idea on cmp service rifle or EIC matches if I shoot anything other than cmp its NRA service rifle with a A2 with freefloat , real simple

I think M14s are allowed scopes now for service rifle but not sure if cheekrisers are ok.
have no idea on cmp service rifle or EIC matches if I shoot anything other than cmp its NRA service
New rules, all your previous rifles are no longer legal. Get f***ed, with love.

I haven't read it it yet, am I right?
I have not been paying attention I only shoot cmp at 2 local clubs one the rules are non existent as they dont do awards. The other is close enough is good enough.
if I ever get to a big match i will see if my rifles pass

This thread
a.) makes me pleased that if I compete this year, I'll be using an M1 from CMP and a non-AR/M14 (probably Swedish Mauser and/or K98)
b.) reminds me to start looking for a sling for the m96/38

Is the Pembroke schedule out yet?

This thread
a.) makes me pleased that if I compete this year, I'll be using an M1 from CMP and a non-AR/M14 (probably Swedish Mauser and/or K98)

no but its darn close to the same "dates" range. i will be pozting 2020 as soon as it xomes out.

This thread

Just use a 1907 or web sling.

For rifle, pistol, or both?

Looks like everything:

"The CMP is establishing a minimum standard that all highpower rifle and pistol competitors must wear some type of eye protection, but it is not mandating that competitors must wear any particular type of shooting glasses. "

Back
Top Bottom