• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP received some surplus ammo set to be on sale soon,

Just got caught up reading this thread and am very annoyed I missed the. 30 Carbine. I've been checking TSUSA for quite a while now and the Carbine ammo has not been available. I don't shoot my carbines very much, but I do enjoy it when I do. I think I'm down to 100 reloads and 2 boxes of Aguila left from the Last case I got from CMP. Guess I'll have to start checking CMP couple times every day and hopefully catch the next release.

Just got caught up reading this thread and am very annoyed I missed the. 30 Carbine. I've been checking TSUSA for quite a while now and the Carbine ammo has not been available. I don't shoot my carbines very much, but I do enjoy it when I do. I think I'm down to 100 reloads and 2 boxes of Aguila left from the Last case I got from CMP. Guess I'll have to start checking CMP couple times every day and hopefully catch the next release.
I don’t even have a .30 carbine. I just wanted to see how much it was and what the details were so I could potentially purchase some and have some for when I find a carbine 🤣

After several attempts to log in and successfully get a can of 3006 and 2 cans of 30 carbine I was prompted with the message my membership to an affiliated club was not up to date and I couldn’t check out.

Me too. I sent them my updated club info via email.... but looks like I may have missed out. Unless more shows up tomorrow which could very well happen. If not, oh well.

I will also be out at Camp Perry this year, so there maybe another opportunity.

I just tried checking out with a can of 30-06 for the hell of it and the damn estore won’t let me change my address from Indiana. So much for that! I really don’t need to be spending money right now anyway and that was as much effort as I’m going to put into it, I think for now.

I just tried checking out with a can of 30-06 for the hell of it and the damn estore won’t let me change my address from Indiana. So much for that! I really don’t need to be spending money right now anyway and that was as much effort as I’m going to put into it, I think for now.
uncheck the little blue box that says linked to your account and it will let you change the address. Ya, doesn't make sense but it worked.

Same!
After several attempts to log in and successfully get a can of 3006 and 2 cans of 30 carbine I was prompted with the message my membership to an affiliated club was not up to date and I couldn’t check out.

Read a few other forums, apparently CMP is sold out of Carbine ammo.

Makes you wonder how much they really had to begin with.

ugh , GCA is supposed to sdend info to cmp and each year I have to send cmp my info

Read a few other forums, apparently CMP is sold out of Carbine ammo.

Makes you wonder how much they really had to begin with.
well i can tell you cmp got some surplus 22lr from the army iirc 7500 cases....think it sol;d out in 3 hours. its also ,possible that cmp only had x ready for shipment

well i can tell you cmp got some surplus 22lr from the army iirc 7500 cases....think it sol;d out in 3 hours. its also ,possible that cmp only had x ready for shipment
That Winchester 'Target' get's so-so reviews. Someone said "target does not mean match".

That Winchester 'Target' get's so-so reviews. Someone said "target does not mean match".
This was the batch of Remington
Was .025 cents rd I snagged a couple of cases it is decent ammo.

Yes “target” is not “match” and “match” does not always mean “good”
Like anything. If the primer/powder:bullet are all consistent it will be “better”

30 carbine has been “thin” to get for several years. Especially LC
So it would not surprise me a huge % of cmp types gobbled it up.
If the picture cmp used in the announcement is what they got. That is not a lot.

400 a year per member im guessing theres not much 30-06

Im surprised they did not restrict it more with proof of competing at CMP matches.

This was the batch of Remington
Was .025 cents rd I snagged a couple of cases it is decent ammo.

Yes “target” is not “match” and “match” does not always mean “good”
Like anything. If the primer/powder:bullet are all consistent it will be “better”

30 carbine has been “thin” to get for several years. Especially LC
So it would not surprise me a huge % of cmp types gobbled it up.
If the picture cmp used in the announcement is what they got. That is not a lot.

400 a year per member im guessing theres not much 30-06

Im surprised they did not restrict it more with proof of competing at CMP matches.
Agreed about consistency. I've had better results from CCI SV vs. some of the so-called target and/or match grade Federal and Winchester.

I'm surprised as well that they did not further restrict. Possibly they will do a better job of bringing ammo to the matches? Not going to Perry but might go to Talladega. For sure I'll be going to Vermont in September. Guess I'll see what they have to offer then.

30 carbine has been scarce, so no surprise that disappeared quickly.

I have not seen the CMP offer the Creedmoor Lapua ammo lately. I figured out why- Ukraine. I stocked up when able but won't likely tap into that and will more or less be using reloads. That damn Lapua brass lasts forever. I've yet to see a single case fail over the years. For me the attrition has been caused by damage from stepping on, M1's chewing up the rims, or loss to weeds or brass rats.

in3EN7Fn7f1NSjoQ9bNTf7g63QAxiIFtpJds6SgfR7LObG30HgAk6kl3ee2Hw3y28eQL81YbtUnQUGflUqM0wUrSa4cTREfebyG4ywvK1xK1SIs18HYuiW_1z_-y0Av0IEjGd-mjPmiOi1GShgQ4OEKT=s0-d-e1-ft

CMP Sales Update​

CMP ACQUIRES SURPLUS AMMUNITION, WITH PLANS OF SALES IN COMING MONTHS​

The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is pleased to announce the recent acquisition of .30 carbine, .22 pistol, M2 ball, and .22 Long Rifle surplus ammunition supply that will soon become available to CMP customers. Currently, the items are in the cataloging and assessment stage by staff members.

“The CMP plans to make the ammunition available to our loyal constituents sometime this spring, after the surplus ammo goes through all CMP in-processing procedures,” said Mark Johnson, CMP’s Chief Operating Officer and Director of Civilian Marksmanship. “Purchase limits and restrictions will be set to ensure that the mission of CMP is well served.”​

Ammo1_w image

The CMP intends on maintaining a surplus ammo inventory large enough to support CMP Matches for the next several years and to provide discounted surplus ammo to competitors attending CMP events. All sales will include set limits to remain in compliance with guidelines specified in the Memorandum of Agreement between the Department of the Army and the CMP.​
Ammo6_w image
Th​

CMP recently received significant quantities of surplus ammunition.​

Further surplus sales details will be forthcoming in the near future.​

The ammo is available as of this week. The 400 round cans of lake city M2 ball 150 grain FMJ (30-06) in 20 round boxes is $392 plus $21 shipping. They also have the M1 carbine ammo.

Damn! just went to order some .30 carbine and got the message can't be processed because my file doesn't show club affiliation. I got some of the 9mm Blazer brass when that came up and 9mm was tough to get. Do you only need club affiliation to get surplus ammo (and rifles)? If so, I guess I won't be getting any surplus ammo until I can check my club's status with CMP.
Carbine ammo is back on E-store.

Carbine ammo is back on E-store.
Thanks. Ordered one “box” just for shits and giggles. Never had any 30 carbine on bandos and clips before.
I reload 30 carbine but figured why not lol.
Lame the ammo can isn’t included 😂

just got the same message and e-store still shows my old MA address. i sent in updated paper work a few weeks ago. just sent them a e-mail with my goal card and NH lic. i am hoping they will fix it before this is gone.
Damn! just went to order some .30 carbine and got the message can't be processed because my file doesn't show club affiliation. I got some of the 9mm Blazer brass when that came up and 9mm was tough to get. Do you only need club affiliation to get surplus ammo (and rifles)? If so, I guess I won't be getting any surplus ammo until I can check my club's status with CMP.

Thanks. Ordered one “box” just for shits and giggles. Never had any 30 carbine on bandos and clips before.
I reload 30 carbine but figured why not lol.
Lame the ammo can isn’t included 😂
Credit card got hit today for the carbine ammo. I guess it will be shipping soon

Back
Top Bottom