• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP New England Games- Who's Going to Vermont?

Cool should speed up the day. Maybe these electronic target's will be affordable for small clubs soon.

Really looking forward to the EIC match moving along more quickly with the electronic targets.

I'd never recommend them for my small club. Too many idiots blowing the shit out of the stands already.

Shot a walk and paste 100 yard match on reduced targets with my Service Rifle today, last practice with that rifle before the EIC

92 offhand
97 sitting
92 rapid prone, dropped 2 8's :(
197 slow prone

478 second place; winner shot a 479.

Nice , keep that off hand going and stay in the 90s rapids...EIC start from standing or sitting.
Rapids can be tough some times. With the cmp games you get a lot of time... use it well.
I take a little more time to check my NPA when I drop into position. I then breath, snap the shot. I hold the trigger to the rear then breath exhale, reset the trigger hold ,focus , shoot.
I am afraid to shoot sitting. I have not shot or even got into the sitting position since we went to the 35 round format. I don't think my arthritis will let me in that position much longer.

Just looked at my targets, fixed the scores above.

EIC starts from Standing, 60 seconds sitting; 70 prone. No sighters. Standing, sitting rapid, prone rapid, slow prone.

Good luck no sighters can be tough. I,only shot one match with no sighters. If things go well for me I'm going to MA state service rifle match. Then maybe a 600 yard any any. That's about far north as I will get to shoot.

Damn fine shooting DW. Looks like you are ready.

Maybe a range trip tomorrow, at least local 100 yards. I'm all set for sighting in except for the .308 'Unlimited' Garand and the Bula M14. Those were optional to bring to VT, but I should probably at least shoot Unlimited and maybe MM re-entry with the M14. Depends on how quickly the matches go.

I'm doing pretty good with jet lag today after just getting back from China late last night. Sometimes I feel it and it F's up my eyes. Exactly 12 hours difference. So far, so good.

I have good 2, 3 and 6 dope for my rifle. Confirmed the last 2x I shot Reading.

As a side note the AR is easier to shoot sitting. Wood 30 cal rifles, for me, not so much.

How many more minutes up from 300 to 600 for you? Don't think I'll have a chance to get a 600 yard zero, I'll have to be close and adjust on the fly. Last year my first shot was in the black, but this year I am switching to a higher BC bullet (Berger 80.5's) They seem to be shooting flatter at 200 and 300.

Thanks.

Weather looking decent, though maybe a bit warm mid-day considering the shooting jackets. 78/54 hi/lo for Wed through Friday, cloudy on Wed but clear through Sat. Temps on Sat 79/58. Wind forecast to be as much as 10 mph on Wed, direction varies by day & time.

Thanks.

Weather looking decent, though maybe a bit warm mid-day considering the shooting jackets. 78/54 hi/lo for Wed through Friday, cloudy on Wed but clear through Sat. Temps on Sat 79/58. Wind forecast to be as much as 10 mph on Wed, direction varies by day & time.

The wind,,,,fun stuff, We get a little spoiled shooting at sheltered 200 yards.

Wed is just MM for me, so at 200 a 90 degree 10 mph wind would be only ~2". They had the NRA wind flags up last year, so it wasn't too difficult to see what was going on. In the EIC slow prone I'd just wait for a lull. Did OK considering my first time at 600 (ever!).

Wed is just MM for me, so at 200 a 90 degree 10 mph wind would be only ~2". They had the NRA wind flags up last year, so it wasn't too difficult to see what was going on. In the EIC slow prone I'd just wait for a lull. Did OK considering my first time at 600 (ever!).

2" is huge when your shooting for score...factor in rifle.ammo.skill and that can turn 10s into 9s really fast.

2" is huge when your shooting for score...factor in rifle.ammo.skill and that can turn 10s into 9s really fast.

That's OK, I do well enough turning 10's to 9's without the wind [wink]. If I keep an eye on the flags and trees I should be able to make at least partial corrections if necessary. Rest of the week supposed to be a max of 5 mph. I'm shooting in the second morning round of relays on Friday and Saturday so I don't have to get up too damn early, won't be as warm, and might miss the peak wind.

Last year it was still a little foggy for my 600 yard EIC early relay.

Since it's going to rain here this week, I wanted to get the Rifle and Gear Tetris dry run out of the way today. Looks like my duffle bag and bedding are going to have to ride in the backseat, no problem. Figure once I'm on base (or even out of MA) some rifles can ride in the backseat under a blanket.

https://i.imgur.com/sU1ZkRe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XJ07sJ8.jpg

That's a full load. Back seat of my truck will be packed too. Eventually I'll get a water sealed tonneau cover for it, but once I do that my bride will be expecting me to make the road trip to New Orleans to pick up a bunch of stuff.

Finally cut the cut-outs for a Pelican double case that I picked up on sale a while ago. 1903 goes in it, as does the as-issued Garand. '03 the most valuable, and the as-issued has the front hand guard fitted by Franco & I don't want to accidentally knock it loose. All my cases lock for Mass-prudence.

Raining like hell here so I will do all I,can to keep it from reaching you...
Do the cmp games get called for rain?
I,was once told EIC matches do not.

Nice... good scores also.... I missed my time to shoot for any leg points. It would take me many many years to even try...

Yep, DW's been shooting lights out this week.

I've had a particularly rough go at off-hand and a couple equipment glitches in rapids. Made a great save after one Bula M14 jam and had a pretty good score in rapids. Had only fired less than ~40 rounds in it before the match. IIRC 97 in slow and 94 in rapid, and in the 70's for off-hand. X-count I think was ~6. Bad couple days for my offhand.

In the EIC prone at 600 yards, shot a 188/6X, OK but not great in rapids and again 70's in off-hand.

Back
Top Bottom