CMP "Medals"

Is it a money issue?

I never cared for the medals anyways. Anyone who can shoot will have a footlocker full of them.

Is it a money issue?

I never cared for the medals anyways. Anyone who can shoot will have a footlocker full of them.

I don't think it's a,money issue for cmp.....I think they still have a 100mil plus in escrow?
I don't mind getting trinkets when I shoot good. Got a few silver and bronze pins for garand shoot, got stiffed out of a gold. Anyway is what it is I guess.

Is it a money issue?

No, it's an "everyone gets a trophy" issue. Now they give one of those pins to anyone who shoots above a 450 (so basically everyone.)

Gold: 474 - 500
Silver: 462 - 473
Bronze: 450 - 461

Last edited:
I just think its pretty sad that you get a better trinket for shooting a frigging Garand Match!
I always thought placing in a EIC match meant something. Apparently the CMP doesn't.

I just think its pretty sad that you get a better trinket for shooting a frigging Garand Match!
I always thought placing in a EIC match meant something. Apparently the CMP doesn't.

It is pretty sad....although maybe it's an attempt to drive the top shooters away a little so the next lower level can win sometimes? As you know when the trinkets are not cool the repetitive winners will stop playing and if they give trinkets to everyone new shooters might come and,play.....right?
I do think it's sad. I seen over the years of MotoX the trophies got worse and worse.
My gun club league trophies are nicer. I don't know,what to think really. I shoot for my own selfish reason.....just to shoot and see how I can do. I know all things will have to be perfect for me to "win" at a big level. Currently I don't see myself getting any better than 90% .

Won't be long before you will have to Mail in your scored card with payment for your medal....

Won't be long before you will have to Mail in your scored card with payment for your medal....

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's basically what you do to get a medal from the NRA nationals.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's basically what you do to get a medal from the NRA nationals.

No not sarcastic at all. I was not aware you needed to pay for your medal from the NRA.
Yes mailing in your results I can see. Saves them time and Money hauling medals around and needing to hang on to them if a shooter takes off early.
Anyway, even when I shoot as a JR. The trinkets I got then had very little meaning to me. I was much more in my head with the satisfaction I did well....some folks like trophies and nicnaks for doing well. I do think it's sad that even the shooting sports is falling to the "everyone" gets a medal Crap.
Maybe it's how I was raised......dad said you want to beat me you have to become better than me.
From playing checkers and cards with my dad......never let me win.

O well I see a slow shift in the competitive rifle shooting as we know it. I just hope cmp/nra is around long enough so if I can get back to shooting more often it's there for me to compete in.
Until then I will be happy to shoot my 1 or 2 NRA matches per year regardless of how I shoot!

Just to add a note ,
Our club match director has still not received any bronze pins from the cmp for awards for the garand matches....been 3 months now?

Back
Top Bottom