CMP M2 Ball Greek HXP

OfficerObie59

NES Member
Curious as to what people have thought of the .30-06 Greek HXP ammo from the CMP.

I love my M1 and 1903 dearly, and I am a bit concerned the steel jacket will be tough on the rifling of some old barrels. (I'm assuming steel jacket by the note on sales site that the ammo attracts a magnet.)

Anyone have any input to this? Thanks.

Steel jacket never contacts riflings, its clad with copper. The steel jacket is also magnitudes softer than the barrel steel.

Bimetal jacket bullets have been around for a long long time and were used in most of the old milsurp rifles that are still in use today.

cost is about 107 shipped for the 192 rounds loaded on clips and bando's shipped in a 30cal ammo can
or about 58 cents per round.
I have no problem selling off my surplus clips for 1.00 each ammo can can get a easy 10.00 or more
Sell off the clips and bando's and the can for about 35.00 gets it down to under 40 cents per round.
Im sure you can sell off the brass also for 3 to 5 cents or better if you dont reload( I wouls advise to save any and all brass for that day you "start" to reload) With the bulk order I did for reloading material I have my reloads for my garand down to 27 cents each

Back
Top Bottom