• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP M1 Garand and Mondern Military is next 11/05/2017 @ OCSA pembroke ma

Bit by a mosquito while working in Bangalore today. I suggest a quarantine this Sunday: Lots of space on the line and just to be safe I should score my own targets.[smile]

Interesting trip. Food has been great and the driving crazy.

My Bula M14 is as ready as it's going to be. I went to the range today to practice some offhand. First 10 shots scored a 92. Shot another 10 and things got sloppy. 10 more and I tightened back up.

https://i.imgur.com/CWiGONI.jpg

Rapid fire prone #1

https://i.imgur.com/iCCMOh7.jpg

I had 10 rounds left but didn't have another clean SR-1, so I packed everything up. Then I noticed a few good SR-1s in the trunk, so I brought everything back to the line and did another rapid fire. Good thing I was the only person at the range all afternoon.

Rapid fire prone #2

https://i.imgur.com/SDn6thh.jpg

Mountain, I have your M14 handguard plus some 1x 30-06 PPU I found in my travels.

Looks good....
I never got out to test the new 308 so going with a generic "known" load.
Running the same load in my 06 I have been running for a few years now.
If I can stay in the black on off hand I will be thrilled.
Goal for this last match.
JCG as issued match 270+ and really want to beat my high score of 277
Modern Military again 270 plus will be nice and my high score to beat in MM is 289.
Should be fun

Looks good....
I never got out to test the new 308 so going with a generic "known" load.
Modern Military again 270 plus will be nice and my high score to beat in MM is 289.
Should be fun

I'm running a "known" load for my 308, 41.0 of imr4895 / 168cc. Shoots fine, no need to spend any more time on it.

Pending a decent offhand score I would like to see high 270's for MM.

Thanks DW.

Feeling pretty rough tonight, but there's time to rest before Sunday. Rifles are shooting great, just a matter of how I shoot...

Based on how I'm feeling right now, I'm out. Need to get some rest tomorrow. Wish it wasn't the last one of the year. [sad]

watch out I got some practice in! im holding 12 moa !!!!!

UxrJOk0.jpg

Good day to end the season on.
Seen several new faces and hope they return next year!
Some good shooting all around.
M1 garand as issued match.
Gold 288/6x IIRC
Silver 279/5x
Bronze 275/?X

Modern Military was a good mix of rifles. From ak to ar. M1a and 308 garands.
Gold 298/13x IIRC
Silver 261/3x
Bronze 259/?x iirc

Now to get ready for next year.

Good time and perhaps a record turn out today? 29 shooters.

Couple small winter projects for next year will be filling in the aperture of the 1917 and doing a trigger job on the M14.

Did we really have 29 shooters or 29 match scores?
I counted 13 MM score sheets. Did not count the JCG match score cards.

Still a busy day and finished earlier than I thought we would. Still room for improvement on "time"

Last edited:
Long time lurker. Figured I’d sign up and join the conversation. Or scout the OCSA competition. Either way.
welcome, although CMP is closed at OCSA until March? Hanson rod and gun is still running 1st sat 8am and 3rd sundays 12pm each month weather/holiday exceptions. I have not been over in some time so I don't know what has changed in price or format at hanson rod and gun.

I finally got my own M1. Pembroke has their winter matches every Sunday. It’s 20rds of offhand, just as well.

Welcome! How's the M1 shooting? What did you pick up? Feel free to post pics in a thread... :)

Pembroke winter match is 200 yards, or 20 as you typed? I'm thinking 200. Offhand is my biggest challenge for Garand matches, though that's the norm for most.

Bummer to miss the last match, but that was a great turnout. Seems that attendance pick up a little this year?

Cool M1 (or should I say 'cuell'?)

I think Leominster is running 100 yard offhand matches during the winter, but I shift into ski racing mode and wouldn't usually have the time to head up there. I'll squeeze in some time at my local club and pellet rifle basement practice if I can find my pellet trap. If not, guess that can be a Christmas present.

Back
Top Bottom