• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP has IHC's!

Just got an email that the CMP has IHC's in stock. Right now about 900 of them. A couple more thousand to come. I'm in for one with the LMR barrel. I've already got an H&R with an LMR barrel so I might as well get the set!

INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER CORPORATION M1 GARANDS. CMP currently has 511 Service Grade IHC M1 Garand rifles (with LMR barrels) available for purchase. The CMP North and CMP South stores will be allocated 64 of these rifles each. The balance of 383 rifles will be reserved for mail order purchase. Price of these rifles, CMP item number RM1IHCSLMR, is $975 plus $29.95 S&H. CMP also has 384 Service grade IHC M1 Garand rifles that do not have LMR barrels. Price of these rifles, CMP item number RM1IHCS, is $925 plus $29.95 S&H. Please note that the only part on either of these two item numbers guaranteed to be the IHC is the receiver. Purchasers are limited to only one IHC M1 Garand per customer. Mail orders will be accepted immediately until enough orders are received to allocate the current inventory. Rifles will be available at the stores on 5 June, 2014. We do still have approximately 2,000 IHC rifles to inspect and repair and make ready for sale. We expect the next partial IHC release to be in November, 2014, but it may be sooner.

Mail, you mean overnight 8AM delivery right? The number of orders will be monumental, but the initial quota will be filled by noon

It's hard to say. If you have not bought a rifle in the past 3 years you need to mail in a notarized letter. Mine is expired so I had to do it through the mail. They don't have banks of operators so I suspect the phone will be jammed for the next few days. Hopefully a mail order now will at least get me in line for the second batch. And who knows, this info is not posted on their website so 1. you need to be on the mailing list 2. you have to hope it does not go to spam and 3. you need to read the email. You can't win if you don't play!

Yes, the IHC are less common and demand a premium for it. But they also had serious problems manufacturing them and I believe that some reports indicate they are a little crappier than the others. Mostly fit, not usually function. The HRA's are actually the height of the M1 art, the most refined of all the iterations. LMR barrels are the most accurate out there (on average) and also demand a premium. All things being equal, an HRA with an LMR barrel should be top-of-the line. I got one but I have never shot it. I primarily shoot my old Winchester.

So from my noob perspective, there is nothing inferior about the H&R, just that its more common than the IHC?

Nothing is inferior to the H&R. It is the the best *quality* M1 you can buy. But they don't generate a premium because there are lots of them out there and they were only made in the Korean War. And most of then are in next-to-new condition and people want the war veterans. The Winchesters are expensive because they were WWII vintage and saw combat, plus they say "Winchester" and their numbers are smaller than SA. The SA's are worth more during early WWII because people want a veteran rifle. SA Gas Traps are worth a small fortune because of their scarcity.

I only want an IHC because I have 3 SA's, 1 Winchester and 1 H&R. And since all but one of them sit in a safe, I am not willing to pay $1600 for an IHC. But $1000 is a steal.

I'm 2 hours away from the Anniston store. Going there next Saturday if they have them around still

I think noon for selling out is a stretch....I still may get my order off and hope they carry the left over orders to the next 2000. Also there are the faxed in orders to consider.

You suck. [smile] But good luck! There should be 32 of them in stock but I doubt they will all go in 2 days. If you snag one, take some photos and let us see it.

I think they're getting 64 each, so I have a pretty good chance. Will definitely take pictures if I get one

If I had the extra scratch I'd do it, but from what you guys are saying, I'll stick with getting another HRA soon. Actually, I hope they post up some more Springfields, since I don't have one of those yet.

I think noon for selling out is a stretch....I still may get my order off and hope they carry the left over orders to the next 2000. Also there are the faxed in orders to consider.

All rifle orders have to be mailed in. They need the original "wet" signature.

That being said I sent my order in for a IHC/LMR today.

Update from CMP, it looks like they have filled their quota! I wonder how they pick who gets one? Assuming they had more orders than rifles...

SOLD OUT - INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER CORPORATION M1 GARANDS
CMP received many mail orders today for the IHC rifles that were announced last Friday. The CMP will not accept any more mail orders for the IHC rifles. We do still have approximately 2,000 IHC rifles to inspect and repair and make ready for sale. We expect the next partial IHC release to be in November, 2014, but it may be sooner.

Update from CMP, it looks like they have filled their quota! I wonder how they pick who gets one? Assuming they had more orders than rifles...

That didn't last long - most of the mail sent on Friday wouldn't have made it today before the sold out notice was sent.
How did those orders come in? FedEx overnight? I don't think they take Fax orders right?

They definitely got FedEx and overnight mail but apparently there was a ton of Postal Mail also. I saw on the CMP forum site that they are going to take all the mail that came in today and randomly draw from it until they have a buyer for each rifle. Not sure if the people left out will be bumped to the secondary list, however.

Back
Top Bottom