• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP Garands sold out

They are not "sold out " yet. They just can't keep up with the orders.
They are coming to a end though... about 5 years ago Orest said they had about 136,000 documented serial numbers in house. Although they don't know until they start unpacking if that's rifles , receivers, barreled actions , drill rifles or rusted junk.
I think the last of 730$ service grades is coming to a end so don't hesitate when they come back on line.
I wanted to buy my 1st CMP in 2003....they "sold" out. I had to wait till 2005 to get one. Then I hesitated on buying another went from 495 to 595$ I,bought a few more then another round at 630$...

The longest I waited on a M1 order was 9 months

Any ideas what happened with all the Korean lend-lease stuff that was held up on coming back into the US a couple years back? I'd imagine that inventory, seeing as how its US property stuff would be sold off by the CMP.

Any ideas what happened with all the Korean lend-lease stuff that was held up on coming back into the US a couple years back? I'd imagine that inventory, seeing as how its US property stuff would be sold off by the CMP.
You can thank the current resident of the white house for blocking that. AFAIK, that stuff isn't going to get brought back in at all.

Purchase has to be approved by the State Department.First Hillary, now John Kerry, Obama as President... Not happening anytime soon. Under Trump sure otherwise don;t hold your breath. I'fd love to see the M1 carbines come back from Korea but a Semi-Automatic rifle that accepts 30 round magazines... never going to happen.

What's left in Korea is out right owned by the Koreans. So unless the decide to give them back to the U.S. Army we won't see them anytime soon.
From what I seen poking around CIA century arms had a 60mil $ deal for the M1s and Carbines?
Before it got squashed.
All,to soon only thing you will get from cmp are the specials until they run out of receivers and parts. Then everything will be on the CMP auction site. Buy ammo now before that's gone also. I don't think there is anyone making surplus 30-06 and I'm pretty sure there's little to none left in army inventory.

Kinda wish I had jumped on another one when I missed the M1 Carbine boat back in March. I'll try to keep my credentials current so I can jump on one when they come back in stock. My service grade M1 is one of my favorite rifles.

If they are Army property, they are not blocked by the import ban. That applies to commercial transactions thru importers like Century, etc. and has absolutely no effect on the CMP. Those Korean rifles would be sold through commercial channels and who knows if they'd even be properly checked by an armorer like the CMP guns. And they'd also be at commercial prices, unlike CMP guns.

Kinda wish I had jumped on another one when I missed the M1 Carbine boat back in March. I'll try to keep my credentials current so I can jump on one when they come back in stock. My service grade M1 is one of my favorite rifles.

Mine too. Well, my rifle, not yours.

If they are Army property, they are not blocked by the import ban. That applies to commercial transactions thru importers like Century, etc. and has absolutely no effect on the CMP. Those Korean rifles would be sold through commercial channels and who knows if they'd even be properly checked by an armorer like the CMP guns. And they'd also be at commercial prices, unlike CMP guns.

Some Other Gun vendor had some of the last Korea M1s come in and they where RUFF and where 700$...the poorest rack grade from cmp was like new by comparison....
I have been looking for a M1 that needs a barrel to make my own 308 "special"

Wonder what the going retail rate will be when they are finally gone? Right now they are usually around $900-$1200 at local gun stores.

Wonder what the going retail rate will be when they are finally gone? Right now they are usually around $900-$1200 at local gun stores.

900-1200 for a roughly a rack grade.... I have not seen a M1 locally for less than 1400$ in few years

They aren't sold out. They have too many orders and not enough processed rifles. They stop taking orders so they can catch up. If you want one, or another one, you need to keep an eye out for when they start taking orders again, because there will be a big run on them.

They aren't sold out. They have too many orders and not enough processed rifles. They stop taking orders so they can catch up. If you want one, or another one, you need to keep an eye out for when they start taking orders again, because there will be a big run on them.
especially if the price doesn't go up.
The last cmp service grade I bought was just after the 730 price change. I received a darn near correct grade HRA only thing that kept it from being correct was gas cylinder and gas plug...and the new wood

I'm headed out to build one at the custom shop on the 17th at the CMP armorers class -- really excited for it! I'll report back on what I hear while I'm there...

this

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

any idea if they will ever do 1911s?

The 1911s where aproved but cmp has to do things differently .
From what I understand they need to become a FFL.
They will ship all handguns to FFL dealers and from what I understand they will not be shipping to any FFL03 C&R ? Now the process can take several years and then CMP has to wait until the Army decides to go through thier process and get the 1911s out of the bunker and over to CMP

Back
Top Bottom