• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP Garand Rant

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
OK...I sent the paperwork in for a Service Grade Garand, and sucked up the 2-6 MONTH wait time....well, good things come to those that wait...and wait and wait......

It finally came in, today.

[banana]

Wait...where's the rant?

Oh, yeah....It was a week ago that I sent in the forms. [shocked]

Monday, they emailed me for a clarification of part of the paperwork, I sent it back by reply, With a "Do you think it will be here for Christmas? ;-) " and Thursday night I got the FedEx notification.

It took one WEEK!!!!!!!

Not only that, I requested a WWII era unit that my late father might have worked on as an Armorer, and it has a March '44 Serial Number.

This may have all been chance and coincidence, but I'll ascribe it to awesome customer service.

Thanks, CMP. Out to the range tomorrow.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm glad you're happy mister but I'm seriously disappointed in this thread. New rant required.

They were supposed to contact me about the hra service grade to see if i would take a springfield. They didnt.

Part of it is my fault for not calling them on it after 90 days i guess to follow up.

They said ill have a rifle before xmas. Which is good but, now it adds to the xmas bills. Would have rather had it a few months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of the rant. I take vicarious pleasure whenever I hear of another member of the Garand family. Every time I get a new one I am as giddy as a schoolboy.

When the CMP updates the order before it ships, and adds a Serial #, is that the actual serial number of the rifle?

...if so, I might have at a somewhat early one coming..
Maybe.

You're tops when it comes to crappy rants but if you were miserable all the time you couldn't call yourself Mr. H. now could you. I'm not going to nominate you to be the new forum curmudgeon, youre too damn positive. If you can, by all means enjoy that rifle. Congrats on you.

Even more exciting....Completely unconfirmed, and incomplete data at this time, but MAYBE Dec 1941.

Back
Top Bottom