• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP Garand question

Ok, I've got a fun one, my C&R comes up for renewal on August 1st, I was getting it ready to send in when all this @#$% hit. Question #3 on the renewal:

"Will the requirements of State and local law that are applicable to the firearms or ammunition activity or collection of curious or relics, be met prior to the start of the business or collection activity?"

Holy crap there are a whole bunch of issues there. I started activity in 2013, when i THOUGHT it was legal. Now I'm not sure. I've got an M1 Garand an a really, really back Chinese SKS on my C&R.

I think that has more to do with proper license requirements for your state? for example I think this same question was on the FFL application the ATF will not grant your license unless your state requirements are in place "business address, tax # and such.

I am with you, I just would not anticipate the ag being with you. Preban? Your good. Post ban? We may all be felons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Also if the AGs determine that any pre ban had to actually be in your possession pre 1994 the shit gets deeper. She can simple argue the receiver of the M1 is basis of a military grade weapon and call them a no go also.

see the road they are on will be pretty much "any" military small arms copy clone or other....if you think they don't already have all this stuff thought up and rough drafted to through out there you are mistaken...
they are like the terminator------- they cant stop they wont stop EVER.
Now carry on and go shoot that M1 and when you do think about all those that held it and used....and think about whats going on today.

they didn't run out, but they needed time to catch up on the orders they had. I believe service grades are available again.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

They seem to be getting close to the end. I was at the CMP store at Camp Perry this year and there wasn't much there. What was there was either repro or beat to hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post ban mini 14s? Unclear. carbines should be good provided they are preban.

Mini 14s are exempted by name since they appeared in appendix A to 18 U.S.C. section 922 which is retained in the MA AWB.

While I don't give it much weight, the AG's "FAQ" lists both the Mini-14 and M1A explicitly as not AWs:

Q: Are there examples or categories of weapons that are not assault weapons?
Yes. Many rifles, shotguns, and pistols are not assault weapons, and therefore are not “copies or duplicates” of enumerated assault weapons. For example, the following are not assault weapons under G.L. c. 140, § 121:

• Any Ruger Mini 14 or substantially-similar model weapon;
  • Any Springfield Armory M1A or substantially similar model weapon;
  • Any of the hundreds of rifles and shotguns listed on this list —Appendix A to 18 U.S.C. § 922, as appearing on September 13, 1994; (Note: this list has the Mini-14 and Mini Thirty).
MGL also notes that the AWB does not apply to: "any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition" - the M1 has a fixed magazine. Her FAQ also notes this, for what it's worth.

If I recall, the Iver Johnson M1 Carbine (or something similarly named) was also on the named exemptions list.

I am totally content with my M1 Rifle in the unlikely event that a battle rifle is truly needed...

Also if the AGs determine that any pre ban had to actually be in your possession pre 1994 the shit gets deeper. She can simple argue the receiver of the M1 is basis of a military grade weapon and call them a no go also.

see the road they are on will be pretty much "any" military small arms copy clone or other....if you think they don't already have all this stuff thought up and rough drafted to through out there you are mistaken...
they are like the terminator------- they cant stop they wont stop EVER.
Now carry on and go shoot that M1 and when you do think about all those that held it and used....and think about whats going on today.

I just had a great idea. Someone make an AR-15 style stock for the M1 and we can scare the shit out of everyone.

You're looking for a Sage stock :

Vila-Alian--a_14BPM_FEV2015_07-660x326.jpg

Back
Top Bottom