• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP Clinic/match schedule is up for Old Colony 9/13 sportsmen Pembroke MA

Looking forward to making some of these this year! Will need to be a later one. I'll be overseas on the 14th, plus it's a Tuesday...

And for the usual NES concerns: Yes, I posted on the interwebs that I will be away. No worries- two mean dogs + two meaner kids, & a wife who thinks 460 Rem Mag revolvers are fun to shoot.

Edit: You mean the 12th?

Last edited:
Looking forward to making some of these this year! Will need to be a later one. I'll be overseas on the 14th, plus it's a Tuesday...

And for the usual NES concerns: Yes, I posted on the interwebs that I will be away. No worries- two mean dogs + two meaner kids, & a wife who thinks 460 Rem Mag revolvers are fun to shoot.

Edit: You mean the 12th?

yes the 12th......

This sunday, ..... some one go and I will be there in spirit with holes in the X ring for for you.

July 12th M1 clinic and Springfield match.

Sunday July 12 M1 clinic and Springfield match.

See you there.

CMP M1 Clinic sunday July 12th and a Springfield match if enough show up.

See you there.

In CA to visit family and show the giant trees to my boys. I return that weekend but may have other family obligations on Sunday. Definitely planning to shoot the next one and I don't intend on running out of time for the rapids! [smile]

In CA to visit family and show the giant trees to my boys. I return that weekend but may have other family obligations on Sunday. Definitely planning to shoot the next one and I don't intend on running out of time for the rapids! [smile]

I "plan" on being at the remaining M1 matches, also the sub matches if enough people show up.
Need 4 shooters to have a "match". Turn out has been a bit low last few matches.

Mountain glad to see you have the bug. I know garand owners that could walk to Pembroke and don't ever come to play.
The repeat players of my karma's are almost zero return. I think you and 1 other has been back or continued cmp/nra shoots after the karma. CMP is slowly going away in this area I think.

Short notice I know but another fine match tomorrow 8/18 see post #1 for link to info.
Thank you

I will be there to shoot the Springfield match on the 11th. Can't wait.

Nice see you there.
I hope I do well, my awful hand scores from lack of practice have plummeted. I'm also chasing a personal high score on the M1.

Last edited:
I'll be there! The 1903/03A3 match would be fun too, but no equipment (yet).

I can't remember- is it advised to pre-register? I did not see any details for registration, however.

Looks like a possibility of no more Garand matches at Pembroke??? If that's the case, why not try a reduced schedule rather than nuke the program? IIRC, the last one I was able to make had 3 full 'flights' of competitors [shocked] . That's a worthwhile number, if not too many...

I'll be there! The 1903/03A3 match would be fun too, but no equipment (yet).

I can't remember- is it advised to pre-register? I did not see any details for registration, however.

Looks like a possibility of no more Garand matches at Pembroke??? If that's the case, why not try a reduced schedule rather than nuke the program? IIRC, the last one I was able to make had 3 full 'flights' of competitors [shocked] . That's a worthwhile number, if not too many...

If you look at the link above you can pre register with Franco if you like. The limit is 24 shooters or 6 relays. Seldom do we get close . Mountain the day you came was the first and last "large group" 5-8 shooters is the norm.
As far as cmp shoots @ Pembroke. Franco says he is done and stepping down. No one has come forward to take his,place. If I had the time I would jump right in. I hope at least Franco maintains the club rifles.
Those are as close to match grade as you can get and still be JCG as issued legal.

With cmp on the verge of ending locally I might have to take up the 22lr 200 yard off hand league or IDPA and maybe back to trap shooting.

We had 12 shooters that day you came. That's a good number. Although it can make for a long day. If everything goes smooth it's about 45 min per relay.... I plan to be there until 3 each match. Highly dependent on babysitter.

I will be running late as,usual.

Last edited:
Thanks- couldn't get the link to open when I last posted. Reloading with SMK 168's and Varget, HXP brass I have been saving.

Thanks- couldn't get the link to open when I last posted. Reloading with SMK 168's and Varget, HXP brass I have been saving.

168s have done well in my rifles....heck any decent match bullets are usually a big improvement over M2. I need to get some loaded up this weekend. I'm currently using the Nosler 155s

Nice day today,
Had fun. I finally broke 450 with the M1 , 461/500/6X

I also finally was able to shoot the A3 with cast loads in a match.
Shot decent but had a few hiccups. 10th round jam in prone rapid. Only 9 shots scored on sitting rapid? No,clue where it went. 427/500/2X

Cast load in the M1 look promising also....load cycled and I kept the 5 test loads in the 10 ring @ 200

Back
Top Bottom