• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP Auctions

Over the years I have done pretty well by the CMP, Garands and a couple of .22 rifles at what I would consider more than reasonable prices. Rifle sales have pretty much dried up so I have been watching the CMP Auctions. Is it my imagination or are the auction prices just plain out of sight?

I went to the CMP because all the other prices around here were crazy. I think that forum group can get into frenzie about stuff drying up .i have seen people panic over bayonets and pay huge amounts. Those same items are selling for almost half that noq the initial rush is over. The sky is always falling there.

The auctions get way out of hand. I would stay away unless you want to pay 3-4x the normal cost of the rifles. But I guess a gun is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

I have bought/traded dozens of M1 Carbines with other CMP members in the classifieds on the CMP Forum, though.

Back
Top Bottom