CMP 1911s not selling to MA in 2021

My only requirement would be that the slide and frame match whatever the manufacturer; Colt, Remington, Ithaca, Singer, etc. That would drive me crazy.
t

My only requirement would be that the slide and frame match whatever the manufacturer; Colt, Remington, Ithaca, Singer, etc. That would drive me crazy.
t
I’m not too worried about it...the finish matches on mine, and the Remington Rand frame I got was actually in an over run of serial numbers used by Colt. The only way I know the frame is a RR is by the FJA inspector stamp.

Do wadcutters actually help your score at all? I always figured a generous rip from a traditional bullet profile would be more likely to go in your favor in terms of breaking a higher ring. Then again, with a wadcutter you're getting a consistently larger diameter.

They do leave nice holes, maybe I'll buy some wadcutter profile bullets for 38 spl to load.

Do wadcutters actually help your score at all? I always figured a generous rip from a traditional bullet profile would be more likely to go in your favor in terms of breaking a higher ring. Then again, with a wadcutter you're getting a consistently larger diameter.

They do leave nice holes, maybe I'll buy some wadcutter profile bullets for 38 spl to load.
A good wad cutter will leave a cleaner hole
Almost removing any doubt if it cut the line.
mind you some target paper does not “cut” well

Has me thinking , 30 cal 200gn swc for my 1903a3 200 yard cmp matches?
My Ranch Dog Flat nose leave a pretty decent cut hole but a nice wad SWC might be better, plus it will cause some head scratching and Naysayers

Has me thinking , 30 cal 200gn swc for my 1903a3 200 yard cmp matches?
My Ranch Dog Flat nose leave a pretty decent cut hole but a nice wad SWC might be better, plus it will cause some head scratching and Naysayers
Always an experience being in the pit when you’re slinging lead...sounds like kids throwing rocks at the paper.

S&W 52 was made to shoot them and it does so amazingly well. I've never seen a full wadcutter in 45acp though
I think I have some left, I will look at some point and load up a few. Or I will just load some 185 swc backwards

Back
Top Bottom