• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP 1911s not selling to MA in 2021

Not me, I'm c.4200, but @Parker Duofold is just over 1000 and could very well get a call this week. People are still reporting all three grades available.
I haven't received a call yet. I'm on hold with CMP right now trying to check the status of an ammo order which has been pending for 3 months. "Estimated hold time is one (1) minute" and that was 15 minutes ago.

I haven't received a call yet. I'm on hold with CMP right now trying to check the status of an ammo order which has been pending for 3 months. "Estimated hold time is one (1) minute" and that was 15 minutes ago.
My ammo order from 1/13/21 can 4/16/21
My 2/24 order is still processing.
my garand order is 9.5 weeks since USPS tracking says it got there

I got the call from the CMP this morning at 10:45 AM. Talked to "Ally" and confirmed my email address, FFL information, CC info and what grade of 1911 I want (service grade.) She said that my order would be shipped this week and it would probably be at my FFL by Monday next at the latest. I'll update this thread as soon as more information is available and will also post some pictures. My number is 1075.

Update: 5 May 2021
CMP shipped to my FFL via FedEx overnight and I got the call to pickup at 10AM this morning. Here are some pictures that I took today. "Colt frame and GI replacement slide" it says. Fit is very good and the slide runs very smooth. Trigger quite heavy compared to a modern 1911 but these guns were meant to be carried and fired at the enemy and not paper targets. I'm sure you experts with tell me what I've got.

Some research by me indicates that this Colt frame was made in 1943. I believe it has the original hammer, slide stop, trigger, magazine release and maybe even grips.

Large size pics attached.

cmp_1911_02.jpg cmp_1911_01.jpg cmp_1911_03.jpg cmp_1911_04.jpg cmp_1911_05.jpg cmp_1911_06.jpg

cmp_1911_07.jpg

cmp_1911_08.jpg

Last edited:
I got the call from the CMP this morning at 10:45 AM. Talked to "Ally" and confirmed my email address, FFL information, CC info and what grade of 1911 I want (service grade.) She said that my order would be shipped this week and it would probably be at my FFL by Monday next at the latest. I'll update this thread as soon as more information is available and will also post some pictures. My number is 1075.

Update: 5 May 2021
CMP shipped to my FFL via FedEx overnight and I got the call to pickup at 10AM this morning. Here are some pictures that I took today. "Colt frame and GI replacement slide" it says. Fit is very good and the slide runs very smooth. Trigger quite heavy compared to a modern 1911 but these guns were meant to be carried and fired at the enemy and not paper targets. I'm sure you experts with tell me what I've got.

Large size pics attached.

View attachment 479631View attachment 479632View attachment 479633View attachment 479635View attachment 479636View attachment 479637

View attachment 479642

View attachment 479646
Very nice, congratulations!
If there are service grades left when/if I get the call, that's the route I'm planning. I'm about 3000 places behind you, though.

I don't really have a strong preference on manufacturer, but if I had to pick, I'd probably choose Colt.

Range report sometime soon?

@Parker Duofold

That's an Israeli replacement slide which is supposed to be excellent. The barrel I believe also is made by TZ and the 85 indicates the manufacture year.

The rifling is very strong, that sure hasn't been shot too much. Should be a very accurate shooter.

If you are ever in the area of Patriot Arms in Ipswich, stop by and see Dick and he can not only tell you all about it but make that trigger nice and smooth.

eta - I have a whole bag of TZ 45acp brass I reload. Great stuff and I think its also 85 vintage!

Range report sometime soon?
Well, if I get a chance I will shoot it here in SC. Maybe go over to Palmetto State Armory and run an expensive box of .45 through this pistol. It came with a new magazine - Italian made Mec-gar 7 rounds. Tomorrow I will strip and clean. Only the slightest of an "idiot" mark on the gun. Just looked down the barrel with a light - it looks brand new.

Update: I did a strip and clean today. I ran a couple of patches down the barrel and it was pretty clean. Maybe just had the test fire and that was it.

Last edited:
Well, if I get a chance I will shoot it here in SC. Maybe go over to Palmetto State Armory and run an expensive box of .45 through this pistol. It came with a new magazine - Italian made Mec-gar 7 rounds. Tomorrow I will strip and clean. Only the slightest of an "idiot" mark on the gun. Just looked down the barrel with a light - it looks brand new.
Very nice, Mec-Gar makes nice magazines. Looking forward to seeing how it shoots for you.

Looks like I need a box of 45 and go shoot mine
t
I tried poking around for reloading dies, but the few I could find were like $90+ for a set.

That said, I have a few hundred rounds of 45 ACP set aside, even though I don't own anything in 45...

Anticipating? Mix a few random snap caps in with a mag of ammo. It will go click unexpectedly while firing, see if you're moving at the last minute.

Really don't dry fire any more after 30 years shooting. Notice a big difference whether I use my trigger finger tip or first curl.

Anticipation or flinch maybe. The tighter I hold, the better. Have always done better with revolvers.

t

Last edited:
Unfortunately you are wrong. The new law was changes to MGL chap 140 only. It changed restrictions on dealers that existed in MGL 140. 940CMR16 is based on consumer safety law and it TOTALLY separate from MGL chap 140. It is regulations promulgated by the AG enabled by the consumer safety laws. The enabling law was not changed and the CMR was not changed so the CMR still applies. The only way the legislature could change the CMR would be to change the underlying law that enabled it or otherwise pass a law that specifically invalidated 940CMR16.

So no, you cannot get your CMP 1911 from a 01 or 07 even if CMP would ship it because the gun has not previously been sold commercially. Yes it sucks.

Is this subtlety something many MA Dealers will understand? Not a chance.
You could get it out of state with C&R IF the out of state seller is willing to deal with C&R and cmp ships.
Those with dual residence could get this done?

You could get it out of state with C&R IF the out of state seller is willing to deal with C&R and cmp ships.
Those with dual residence could get this done?
If CMP recognizes your other state residency including you being a member of an approved club, then I am sure that works.

The hack for C&R licenses was always have it sent to a neighboring state and then do the transfer from the out of state FFL to you since MA FFL was restricted by the list and CMR.

Looks like CMP has run out of service grade...that's a big bummer...

The latest posts are stating they have only been offered field and rack grades.

[sad][sad]

Looks like CMP has run out of service grade...that's a big bummer...

The latest posts are stating they have only been offered field and rack grades.

[sad][sad]
Lucky for me, I had just finally decided on a rack grade last week and hadn’t even realized they ran out of service grades.

If I want fresh park at some point, I can do that myself. I want mine to look like it just got found in a mud puddle behind enemy lines.

I’ll know soon enough what it looks like though because I just got the call today!

Chose a rack grade and gleefully gave up my CC#.

I’m visiting family back in MA, so I won’t see it for another week and a half or more...but it definitely gives me a good reason to make it home safe.

Lucky for me, I had just finally decided on a rack grade last week and hadn’t even realized the ran out of service grades.

If I want fresh park at some point, I can do that myself. I want mine to look like it just got found in a mud puddle behind enemy lines.

It looks like I’ll know soon enough what it looks like though because I just got the call today! Chose a rack grade and gleefully gave up my CC#.

I’m visiting family back in MA, so I won’t see it for another week and a half or more...but it definitely gives me a good reason to make it home safe.
Congrats, definitely need pics once you've got it, and a range report. I'm a little under 2000 away, so I'm guessing mid-July to mid-August.
Already picked up 45 ACP dies and started processing some brass I've had laying around.

Lucky for me, I had just finally decided on a rack grade last week and hadn’t even realized they ran out of service grades.

I’ll know soon enough what it looks like though because I just got the call today!

Chose a rack grade and gleefully gave up my CC#.

Bring me one of those 8lb H4895's, willya? ;)

Bring me one of those 8lb H4895's, willya? ;)
That’s the one powder I can’t seem to get enough of. Haven’t looked in months, mind you...but I’m down to my last 20lbs, lol.

The way I’ve been shooting lately (ie. Not at ALL), I’ll be gifting my powder to my non existent children/grand children when I expire.

Back
Top Bottom