• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cmp 1911 mags

Last edited:
If you missed out it's OK. Hundreds will appear at shitty local gun shows, marked up at least 4X. Nice job CMP.

If you missed out it's OK. Hundreds will appear at shitty local gun shows, marked up at least 4X. Nice job CMP.
do you think limiting them to less per customer like 2 or 5 would help ? I dont know how the CMP system works to detect multiple customer shipments but I would think the gun shop and gun show sellers would have to have a elaborate scheme to get enough to be worth while.
Im sure plenty of other people will be selling off their limits also....

If you missed out on a cmp deal you did not act fast enough. Thats nothing new @ the cmp.
They could have easily put them on CMP auction site in bulk.

like the M1 carbines.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=2671&n=M1-Carbine-Inland-6444479-with-Accessories

CMP knows they can get top $ on auctions.
I am not so sure the 10 rifles a year apply to the auctioned items.

Last edited:
do you think limiting them to less per customer like 2 or 5 would help ? I dont know how the CMP system works to detect multiple customer shipments but I would think the gun shop and gun show sellers would have to have a elaborate scheme to get enough to be worth while.
Im sure plenty of other people will be selling off their limits also....

If you missed out on a cmp deal you did not act fast enough. Thats nothing new @ the cmp.
They could have easily put them on CMP auction site in bulk.

like the M1 carbines.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=2671&n=M1-Carbine-Inland-6444479-with-Accessories

CMP knows they can get top $ on auctions.
I am not so sure the 10 rifles a year apply to the auctioned items.

They should have given first dibs to people who actually shoot CMP pistol matches, not people (and they know who they are) who just buy to mark up and resell. The CMP's charter is not to be a gun show wholesaler after all.

They should have given first dibs to people who actually shoot CMP pistol matches, not people (and they know who they are) who just buy to mark up and resell. The CMP's charter is not to be a gun show wholesaler after all.
that would be nice, then again cheaper ammo to those that compete would be nice also.

The cmp makes money to support the CMP mission, not so much to support us.

that would be nice, then again cheaper ammo to those that compete would be nice also.

The cmp makes money to support the CMP mission, not so much to support us.

Getting people to shoot is the CMP's mission, so if by "us" you mean shooters then yes that's exactly what it is. Their mission is not to act as a wholesaler for gun show re-sellers, but it would be easy to get confused since it appears that's a big part of what they're actually doing.

The whole CMP organization is a mess frankly, stuff like this is just redundant evidence. If it were really about getting shooters to shoot they'd make this stuff available to active shooters first, and with limits designed with individual shooters in mind. Then larger sales to legitimate active teams and affiliated active clubs, then if there's anything left over to the gun show re-sellers and everyone else. The reality is that they just want to turn their inventory into cash the quickest way possible, and large orders facilitate that goal.

I think around 10 years ago. That when they had a lot of LC ammo the were house was full.i got a case with 4 cans Eblocks for around $198.00. They say guys were buying by the truck load at the store.

Getting people to shoot is the CMP's mission, so if by "us" you mean shooters then yes that's exactly what it is. Their mission is not to act as a wholesaler for gun show re-sellers, but it would be easy to get confused since it appears that's a big part of what they're actually doing.

The whole CMP organization is a mess frankly, stuff like this is just redundant evidence. If it were really about getting shooters to shoot they'd make this stuff available to active shooters first, and with limits designed with individual shooters in mind. Then larger sales to legitimate active teams and affiliated active clubs, then if there's anything left over to the gun show re-sellers and everyone else. The reality is that they just want to turn their inventory into cash the quickest way possible, and large orders facilitate that goal.

I dont really know other than whats posted on the forums. Seems since Mr. Orest stepped out of a full time roll things have gotten a little different.
I really dont see anything in the CMPs mission statement that says its supposed to support active shooters.
As much as I would like the CMP to support active shooters they really are just making money to do what ever they want to do. Again the CMP could go full auction only and we would really get the shaft......

getting new youth shooters to participate is not easy.

http://www.odcmp.co/about_us.htm this is what the CMP says its mission is.

Do you think more people would participate in cmp matches if cmp held onto all surplus 30-06 ammo for matches only? Then provided to the club's at CMPs actual cost of procurement of the surplus ammo?
I'm not sure how other surplus ammo cmp gets from the ARMY?
I bought a few cases of the surplus 22lr that came around few years back. I would not want to use it in a match unless everyone uses it.
I would be fine with using issued 06 also.

Thing is CMP from even Orest own words wants out of the surplus sales.
Soon all we will be able to get is high end 22s and pellet guns.

So send in the paper work, sign up for Estore account, check your emails often and jump on the deals.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.

Nice but I'm out. Somehow my Life Membership in a CMP affiliated club (GOAL) has "expired" according to CMP. By the time they get my Emailed proof and reestablish my eligibility, they'll all be gone again.

Thanks for the heads up.

Nice but I'm out. Somehow my Life Membership in a CMP affiliated club (GOAL) has "expired" according to CMP. By the time they get my Emailed proof and reestablish my eligibility, they'll all be gone again.
Expiring affiliations yet another problem, seems to be happening top more people lately.

Expiring affiliations yet another problem, seems to be happening top more people lately.

I probably brought it upon myself. Last time I sent them my GOAL Sustaining Member card and my BR&P membership card (expires annually) . . . sometimes more info is really less!

That sucks i was lucky I belong to the m1 collectors club. They keep a update list at CMP. If it was not I would of been s.o.l.

I got lucky. They processed my status very quickly and sent me a confirmation. Just ordered some 1911 mags.

Anyone tried these yet? Ive heard they were unreliable so I held off on picking some up.

As with any mil spec item they will function good enough for GI I suppose.
I don't know how they test usgi mags. You will have to try and see how well the work for you or your gun. I don't see a lot of shooters looking for 7 round gi spec mags?
I would have bought the 10 limit if I didn't want a new scope so badly. Now even cmp has night force scopes. Look to be running about 200$ cheaper than everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom