CMMG 22LR AR 15 Conversion Kit Review - YouTube

I have the cheaper CMMG parkerized kit and have never had an issue. Have run it with 1000s of cheap bulk 22lr without problems for about 5-6years. After every range trip with it, I shoot a mag of .223/5.56 to ensure the gas tube is clear of any 22lr crud. Read a bunch about break-in but mine didn't require anything special other than a good cleaning oit of the box with Hoppes and a good lube with Mobil1. Accuracy isn't great, but fun at 50. I recommend it.

I have a CMMG dedicated upper on a lower with a .22 hammer. Just silly fun.

Mine's partial to those cheap remington bucket of bullets.

If you go this route consider using the “better mag adapter” which is available for short money and allows you to use the S&W 15-22 magazines. Those mags are very reliable and available in 10 round if you are in a non free state. Mag well adapter slips in and out without modifying lower.

Just finished my second dedicated .22lr upper. Lots of fun. Same operation as Ar 15 so good trainer.

As mentioned, accuracy is not that great as the bullet rattles down the barrel. LOL

I THINK I've got the CMMG model. Maybe the US Mil model. It's been well over a decade since I used it. Hell, I'd have to wonder where I put it. LOL

Back
Top Bottom