Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually stop when I get home, hopefully not sooner. [laugh]
tumblr_n0dudpMkbu1qh59n0o1_250.gif

paul73

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OUI is not a minor offense. It is very serious. if You ever lose a loved one to a drunk driver you would understand. These drunk people need be stopped before they harm any one. I agree if a person is a drunk they are unsuitable. want to own a gun? dont consume alcohol and drive
It sounds logical. I think then you should logically conclude those people should not be allowed to vote and do grocery shopping as well. War to drunks, let em starve. Right?

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It sounds logical. I think then you should logically conclude those people should not be allowed to vote and do grocery shopping as well. War to drunks, let em starve. Right?
It would do more to enhance public safety to do a lifetime driving license ban (not that I am advocating it), since far more OUI convicts go on to subsequent offenses than do something dangerous with a gun when intoxicated. But, that would be messing with a right(*) that nearly everyone can empathize with.

(*) - Yeah, I know the state tries to gaslight us into believing it is a "privilege", but there would be near riots if they started treating it that way, as in "you have a reputation as a bad driver; you were arrested for OUI but found not guity; etc. and are thus unsuitable".

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0
It would do more to enhance public safety to do a lifetime driving license ban (not that I am advocating it), since far more OUI convicts go on to subsequent offenses than do something dangerous with a gun when intoxicated. But, that would be messing with a right(*) that nearly everyone can empathize with.

(*) - Yeah, I know the state tries to gaslight us into believing it is a "privilege", but there would be near riots if they started treating it that way, as in "you have a reputation as a bad driver; you were arrested for OUI but found not guity; etc. and are thus unsuitable".
It wouldn't matter, they would continue to drive without a license.

My police academy motor vehicle law instructor was a high ranking RMV LEO (back when they had their own police force) and told us that most people who were ordered to surrender their DL (suspension/revocation) drove themselves to the RMV, handed over their DL and got back in their cars and drove home/elsewhere.

Top Bottom