C'Mere Deer Corn Coat.

Has anyone used it? What do you think about it?

I put out a BOSS BUCK drop feeder and was worried that the deer would not figure out how to eat out of it. Then I mixed the C'Mere Deer Corn Coat in the corn inside the feeder and then threw some in each of the three spouts to see if that would get them to put their nose inside to eat. WELL IT WORKED!!!! Not only that I got about 100 pictures of this buck and another one day and night. I never got so many pictures of a buck before and it has to be the CORN COAT.

Attachments

• 10140075.jpg
    10140075.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 10220056.jpg
    10220056.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 10220061.jpg
    10220061.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 10220074.jpg
    10220074.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 103

I put out a BOSS BUCK drop feeder and was worried that the deer would not figure out how to eat out of it. Then I mixed the C'Mere Deer Corn Coat in the corn inside the feeder and then threw some in each of the three spouts to see if that would get them to put their nose inside to eat. WELL IT WORKED!!!! Not only that I got about 100 pictures of this buck and another one day and night. I never got so many pictures of a buck before and it has to be the CORN COAT.
Your obviously from a different region.

This is a new england forum.

MA illegal to bait
VT illegal to use bait
NH and ME baiting by permit only (guides primarily)
CT baiting alowed on private land in 2 zones only
RI baiting is illegal as well as natural attractants.

Good luck but your probably on the wrong forum for your question. Not saying zero people in new england have experience with spreaders and "corn coat".....but the pool of folks that do is going to be pretty darn small.

Disclaimer......under no circumstances in my reply did I infer that baiting deer is unethical.......my viewpoint on hunting methods is and always will be "hunt how you want.....as long as it's legal".

Last edited:
Yes I am from another region Georgia. I like this chatroom and post on here a few times. Some of you northerners are looking to move south which I did from the Catskill Mountains. We have the second largest deer heard next to Texas down here. Our limit not counting the many special hunts is 2 bucks and 10 does. We also have great trout, bass and striper fishing. In fact last week there was a 62 pound striper caught in one of our many lakes which have walleye, northern, pickerel and muskies I think(?). I am letting you know incase you need to move where the land, housing, taxes are very affordable and lots of good paying jobs. Lots of public land here for hunting and recreation also.

Come on down we love Yankees.

I used to be a master bait er....ummmm...LOL

Never used Corn Coat.

Early season apples seemed to work great, we got them from a local orchard for cheap cider apples. When we used corn we did the following.......

When I baited for serious archery killing in CT, we'd use big tubs of grape kool-aid and salt and coat the corn in the feeders and dump some cool aid/salt on the ground. Where we dumped it on the ground the deer would dig holes and lick the stuff for hours on the camera. We got the idea when one of us bought a bag of Lee and Tittany's beet powder. Deer loved that too......but it was expensive, since your paying for Tittany's boob job and hunting trips.

Anyway, the beet stuff smelled like Cool aid and I think that's probalby what it was, cause when we switched to Kool aid the same thing happened. LOL. The deer love and it can't resist coming back to it.....we killed a lot of does with sticky purple snouts...LMAO!.

Later season we'd switch back to some apples. Deer really like the frozen apples for some reason, mixed with the corn.

And though you probably won't beleive me, most if not all of the big bucks I've shot, in CT had nothing really to do with the feeder. They were shot cruising in looking for does during the rut, usually at the edge of light. Sure the feed station is a place for them to look for does, but so isn't any old oak flat too that's dropping whites that does are in and out of.

In early September when bucks are together and on the feed before rut, if you can catch them before light, the feeder can work. Never has for me I have never shot a big buck in September. They just were never around at my areas in daylight, does and dink bucks all the time, but big boys....always after dark.

Otherwise, your best setup on cruising routes....because if a buck walks by looks at your feed station and there are no does at it...they keep walking. If your set up at the feed station all you get to see is them walk by out of range.

Last edited:
You can use these feeders in maine just not during the prohibited time frame. I have tried the same Cmer Corn and just mix with with feed corn and it works great.

MA illegal to bait
VT illegal to use bait

Good luck but your probably on the wrong forum for your question. Not saying zero people in new england have experience with spreaders and "corn coat".....but the pool of folks that do is going to be pretty darn small.

Disclaimer......under no circumstances in my reply did I infer that baiting deer is unethical.......my viewpoint on hunting methods is and always will be "hunt how you want.....as long as it's legal".

You can use this feeder in Maine just notndueing June their hunting season.

Yes I am from another region Georgia. I like this chatroom and post on here a few times. Some of you northerners are looking to move south which I did from the Catskill Mountains. We have the second largest deer heard next to Texas down here. Our limit not counting the many special hunts is 2 bucks and 10 does. We also have great trout, bass and striper fishing. In fact last week there was a 62 pound striper caught in one of our many lakes which have walleye, northern, pickerel and muskies I think(?). I am letting you know incase you need to move where the land, housing, taxes are very affordable and lots of good paying jobs. Lots of public land here for hunting and recreation also.

Where in Georgia? Have Family there and often think of relocating there.

-kg

Interesting.....did not know that

I started to use them after eradicating the sh*t out of the yote population on my land. Downside is loading them. I don’t have a sled so have to hike in on snowshoes pulling 50lb bags of corn on a sled but I will say they do bring them in. That and screwing jars of peanut butter to a tree. They love it

Great hunting down there. I use to hunt out I. Wrightsville, tons of acreage and a crap load of deer. A fiend has a farm down there and has a nuisance permit to hunt unlimited deer even at night!! I have to buy 8 freezers

MA illegal to bait
VT illegal to use bait

Technically MA is not illegal to bait. You can bait Coyotes.

And you can bait Deer up to 10 days before the season starts, everything must be removed, I believe this is still the case. I remember my neighbor doing just this so he could get a good look at what was around on the camera.

Back
Top Bottom