• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Club recommendations

Theres a couple of threads on this but they are all old. Im looking for a place to go shoot and practice. Ideally a place thats open 24/7 or at least doesnt have really limited hours. I have NO idea what to look for. I had taken a tour in Danvers but virtually everyone here says Danvers sucks for many different reasons. I live in Lynn. Anyone got a GOOD place to go thats somewhat local?

Woburn Sportsmens is a great club. I'm not sure how close that is to you.

Mass Rifle is also great, but is limited in what you can do there because of its fairly urban location. But its a great club with a great group of guys.

I recommend this club.

Titanium-Battle-Mace-from-Artistry-in-Titanium-by-Tom-Anderson.jpg

Theres a couple of threads on this but they are all old. Im looking for a place to go shoot and practice. Ideally a place thats open 24/7 or at least doesnt have really limited hours. I have NO idea what to look for. I had taken a tour in Danvers but virtually everyone here says Danvers sucks for many different reasons. I live in Lynn. Anyone got a GOOD place to go thats somewhat local?
Danvers sucks because the ranges have limited hours of operation (range officers are required for a range to be open). Several times over the years I've left work early to go shoot only to find that the range officer decided not to show up, it pissed me off enough that I decided to join another club. As stated above the Reading club is a great place, Andover sportsman's club is also really good too, they have steel to shoot if that matters to you.

I'm a member at Cape Ann Sportsmans Club which is a good club. Not even on the same planet compared to clubs like Harvard but the indoor range is open 24/7 - limited to lead/plated bullets (no jacketed ammo and no magnum ammo).
Outdoor range has no restrictions on ammo type.

Your looking for a club with an indoor range. Review the range rules for any club you consider, looking out for absurd rules like range officers or mag limits. As you evolve, you may find yourself outgrowing your current club to one that offers action pits and longer distances. There are great clubs in NH also to consider. Every club has different things to offer,.. it's about finding your current perfect match.

Reading.

24/7 indoor access. No BS. Despite being so close to Boston, the board are not a bunch of FUDDS.

If you manage to join Reading. Don't be a f*cking a**hole.

Andover has a 24/7 indoor range. Pistol only (or rifle in 22lr.) No magnum calibers. Jacketed ok.

Theres also a small club on Walnut St in Lynn. I dont recall the name.

Andover has a 24/7 indoor range. Pistol only (or rifle in 22lr.) No magnum calibers. Jacketed ok.

Theres also a small club on Walnut St in Lynn. I dont recall the name.
The small range in Lynn is Eastern rifle and revolver, I think its around a $100 bucks a year, its very basic and I don't think its open 24/7
I'm not 100% sure on that. If I remember right the members used to meet on wed nights.

The small range in Lynn is Eastern rifle and revolver, I think its around a $100 bucks a year, its very basic and I don't think its open 24/7
I'm not 100% sure on that. If I remember right the members used to meet on wed nights.
When I did my basic class we went there for the live fire. That was the only time I have been there tbh. I may have assumed it was 24/7 since it was in the basement of a building and yes, very basic from what I saw. Driven by there a million times and never knew what it was.

I'm a member at Cape Ann Sportsmans Club which is a good club. Not even on the same planet compared to clubs like Harvard but the indoor range is open 24/7 - limited to lead/plated bullets (no jacketed ammo and no magnum ammo).
Outdoor range has no restrictions on ammo type.
Second on Cape Ann...stop up on a Sunday morning. Someone always willing to give you the low down and a tour....

Woburn Sportsmens is a great club. I'm not sure how close that is to you.

Mass Rifle is also great, but is limited in what you can do there because of its fairly urban location. But its a great club with a great group of guys.
WSA is my home club, and I love it. BUT, the 75' only outdoor pistol range, stubborn refusal to permit PCC's in the pistol ranges, and the closure of 6 of the 10 bays in the indoor pistol range all bum me out. Do other clubs have these restrictions? I also shoot at CCF&G in Harwich and they do not.

WSA is my home club, and I love it. BUT, the 75' only outdoor pistol range, stubborn refusal to permit PCC's in the pistol ranges, and the closure of 6 of the 10 bays in the indoor pistol range all bum me out. Do other clubs have these restrictions? I also shoot at CCF&G in Harwich and they do not.
PCC are g@y, that's why they restrict them. (JK).

Depends on the club. Many allow it. Some don't, but whatever, if you are shooting at 75', place a target in the rifle range at 25 yards.

Back
Top Bottom