Club recommendation in North Attleboro area. Help needed

Mansfield is also offering the same flat $100.00 membership deal at the upcoming April 2&3 Foxboro gun show. Normal cost would be $100 initiation/building fund fee + $100 (pro-rated dues which would be ~$42 in April). Membership year is thru the end of August each year. We'll have a table at the gun show. Look for the yellow "gun show loophole" hanging from a frame structure ~4-5' above the table.

Thanks, I'll plan on being at the show. At that price I can't afford not to at least check it out.

Old thread resurrection ...

Total newbie in North Attleboro .
I just did my LTC A certificate and will submit my application this week.

My wife has her licence and has a 22 . We are looking for a local club to shoot pistols .I might get a 9 or a 22 to start to shoot before going bigger.

Any input.i walk any angle tree all the time with my lab and AFS is a 2 miles away .

Satz

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Old thread resurrection ...

Total newbie in North Attleboro .
I just did my LTC A certificate and will submit my application this week.

My wife has her licence and has a 22 . We are looking for a local club to shoot pistols .I might get a 9 or a 22 to start to shoot before going bigger.

Any input.i walk any angle tree all the time with my lab and AFS is a 2 miles away .

Satz

Mansfield F&G is 15 minutes away down Route 106, and is far and away a better option in my opinion.

It's been 1 week since my app meeting. I will definitely check out Mansfield once my licence comes in or if we find a baby sitter ,then the wife does have her permit so we check it out together

I do wish we could make that happen more quickly for the membership. The cold notwithstanding, though, I've discovered that I prefer the outdoor range personally.

Even though their property is probably one of the nicest.. I got a bad vibe from Angle Tree.. guys there were very put-off-ish..

Mansfield is very small, IMHO.

I found Wrentham to have most everything I was looking for.. facilities are nice, as were the people.

when I was looking around, I put together a quick spreadsheet to compare nearby clubs.. Some info might be outdated, as I did this about a year ago. might be of use to you.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c6dUlXu7FtrvhmT-b0mpBKhYtazIjwsZZX25T0WcY1c/edit?usp=sharing

Even though their property is probably one of the nicest.. I got a bad vibe from Angle Tree.. guys there were very put-off-ish..

Mansfield is very small, IMHO.

I found Wrentham to have most everything I was looking for.. facilities are nice, as were the people.

when I was looking around, I put together a quick spreadsheet to compare nearby clubs.. Some info might be outdated, as I did this about a year ago. might be of use to you.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c6dUlXu7FtrvhmT-b0mpBKhYtazIjwsZZX25T0WcY1c/edit?usp=sharing

after a few years of living in north Attleboro and being a member at Taunton, I decided to join angle tree, keeping my membership in taunton, because it's a great club. The only bad vibes I've ever got was at the orientation, which I won't go into detail here. Every member I've run into on that range, and I only use outdoor pistol and rifle, has been extremely nice. Every one. Yes, it's fuddy, but it is what is and I knew that before joining. It's too convenient for me, especially now that i reload, to drive 5 minutes to try something versus 25.

same here... Angle Tree orientation was a real turn-off. Wrentham has it's share of old-time fuddies, but in general, it's a pretty good bunch... definitely need an infusion of younger blood to make it better... Problem is that the old retired guys have all the time. And, like any club, there's it's share of drama.. LOL

after a few years of living in north Attleboro and being a member at Taunton, I decided to join angle tree, keeping my membership in taunton, because it's a great club. The only bad vibes I've ever got was at the orientation, which I won't go into detail here. Every member I've run into on that range, and I only use outdoor pistol and rifle, has been extremely nice. Every one. Yes, it's fuddy, but it is what is and I knew that before joining. It's too convenient for me, especially now that i reload, to drive 5 minutes to try something versus 25.

Real Old Thread but i joined it a week ago

The orientation was done by some guys in there late 30s perhaps and very friendly . I stopped by to pick up my membership items and even then it was not strange. what the heck is bad vibes and fuggy. I am newbie so no idea what that means ?

Its 1/2 mile from my house so that was a plus.

I have shot there as a guest but now i am a member i need to go check it out. This week plan to stop by and start .

satz

Real Old Thread but i joined it a week ago

The orientation was done by some guys in there late 30s perhaps and very friendly . I stopped by to pick up my membership items and even then it was not strange. what the heck is bad vibes and fuggy. I am newbie so no idea what that means ?

Its 1/2 mile from my house so that was a plus.

I have shot there as a guest but now i am a member i need to go check it out. This week plan to stop by and start .

satz

Bad vibes as in first question from one of the guys doing orientation. “Anyone here carrying?” I forget if it was me or someone else asked why? Probably me lol. He says so I know if I should be. Just a dick attitude. But as I said, all members I met there were cool. 5 round max tho and 1 shot per second. No wonder the place is usually empty. Which I liked.

Bad vibes as in first question from one of the guys doing orientation. “Anyone here carrying?” I forget if it was me or someone else asked why? Probably me lol. He says so I know if I should be. Just a dick attitude. But as I said, all members I met there were cool. 5 round max tho and 1 shot per second. No wonder the place is usually empty. Which I liked.

The only reason for someone doing an orientation to ask this question is for the follow-up: "Cool, gun! Lemme see what you got!"

Forget that fudd stuff. There are much better ranges in the area.

The only reason for someone doing an orientation to ask this question is for the follow-up: "Cool, gun! Lemme see what you got!"

Forget that fudd stuff. There are much better ranges in the area.

As I've mentioned, I only joined there because it was close by to zero scopes and check hand load recipes. The surprise was, that the people i met on the actual shooting lines, were all great. Not a bad experience there ever. Was already a member in taunton.

If you are not in socializing this is good club. For me getting out for an hr to shoot in a empty range works.
Some of the clubs have more social events I guess.

I cannot believe its more than a year but with work from home for me for past few years i been visiting often.I had spine surgery so no motorcycles ,no mixed martial arts so only thing i do is shoot. With the corona i been going there more often.

Friendly as i get to try other guns from other older members who see me regularly , the skeet guys were friendly as i never even fired a shot gun and i wanted get into the sport. Planning to pickup a shotgun do this.

Its always empty even on weekends which i like also its 1/2 mile from the house the get there production is very low. As a new shooter i like i can work on target setup and go look at the target and mark in sharpe when i want as i am not stopping others when i am working on getting better groupings.

Back
Top Bottom