• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Club near Quincy

bsaks

NES Life Member
NES Member
Hey everyone.

Looking for a good club convenient to Quincy. I was a member at Braintree but looking for a bit nicer facility and somewhere that does some more action shooting (idpa or uspsa) as that's something I've always been interested in. Overall looking for clean and relaxed place.

it isn't to far but old colony in Pembroke had a good amount going on. IDPA is new
other than holbrook they are the only clubs "close" that I can think of in the SW area?

I think it'll be tough to find nicer indoor ranges than Braintree close by. I haven't been to Pembroke but I think Braintree is definitely nicer than my club in Hanson and Holbrook although I haven't seen Holbrook in a few years.

as much as I like Hanson they do not offer a lot of what OP is looking for.
holbrook offers several regular events like poppers, pin shoots ectect. have not been in a while ....shot ATA trap over there many times.....I miss the lobstah shoot.....kids are getting bigger and I'm getting back into trap!

Have no experience with Holbrook, but they are one of the few clubs that have NES events so that says something about them.

Old Colony in Pembroke is nice. They seem to have a bit that caters to almost every crowd. They have skeet, trap, pistol, rifle, black powder, high power, archery and IDPA is coming along nicely.

Braintree did have a nice indoor range but my experience there with guests has always been poor and they didn't have much with fun events that I saw other than some cmp weekend shoots and their pistol team.

Braintree did have a nice indoor range but my experience there with guests has always been poor and they didn't have much with fun events that I saw other than some cmp weekend shoots and their pistol team.

BR&P is strictly paper targets, no metal targets, vegetables, etc. and all at fixed distances only. It is a typical bullseye club and a great one at that. CMP matches monthly and pistol/rifle matches are all the organized events offered. There will never be IDPA/USPSA/IPSC/etc. type shooting allowed there. It fits my purpose for a very nice set of ranges to practice bullseye shooting only and a great group of folks. As for the BR&P guest policy, it is untenable IMNSHO and I will no longer bring guests there to shoot unless or until said policy is changed (not likely any time soon).

For my defensive tactics fix, Mansfield F&G fits the bill where we allow just about anything as long as safety is maintained. Of course the downside is no clubhouse and no indoor range. Also a nice group of folks. If the clubhouse ever re-opens, there likely will be more NES shoots held here.

Back
Top Bottom