• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Club membership for CMP

I'm thinking about doing a CMP order and I need to fulfill the affiliation requirement. Unfortunately my club is not on the CMP list. I was thinking of joining gonh but they say to allow 6-8 weeks for membership processing which seems somewhat ridiculous to me. Add that onto the CMP wait and I'm looking at over half a year before I'll get anything. [thinking] Any suggestions for an easier route? I don't really want to spend a lot of money joining some other club as I already pay dues at my current one...

I am a GOAL member and did not know that.

Now maybe that is my bad for not looking more carefully at the benes, but damn. Maybe GOAL could score some new members by once a week, picking something like that and discussing it in a thread here.

For instance, how many of you have AAA cards? How many of you have cats or dogs? CVS Pharmacy gives a substantial discount for pet meds (at least rx meds). That ALONE pays for my AAA each year.

I am a GOAL member and did not know that.

Now maybe that is my bad for not looking more carefully at the benes, but damn. Maybe GOAL could score some new members by once a week, picking something like that and discussing it in a thread here.

For instance, how many of you have AAA cards? How many of you have cats or dogs? CVS Pharmacy gives a substantial discount for pet meds (at least rx meds). That ALONE pays for my AAA each year.

If you go to the CMP website and look for affiliated clubs by state, all the information on which clubs in MA belong will be there. It was the easiest place to find out which club I needed to belong to in order to order ammo, and I was a GOAL member for years (shame on me). Another perk with GOAL is the ffl firearms transfer shipped from out of state, and the people (Jon) there who know what is legal to bring into MA, as opposed to most dealers who never seem positive. There are a number of other perks too, which I keep finding out.

Although joining GOAL would be good, it would be sort of not worth it for an NH resident to join GOAL just to get a CMP certification.

Although joining GOAL would be good, it would be sort of not worth it for an NH resident to join GOAL just to get a CMP certification.

Depends. If you're just looking to belong to a CMP club while the cost of joining another shooting club can be much more than just the GOAL membership.

+1 GOAL (5 year family membership for myself an dfamily)

+1 C&R $30/3 years (both wife and I)

Funny, today I was printing out the 2009 catalog from CMP in prep to place my first order and was looking at the same club affiliation requirements!

-ed

Depends. If you're just looking to belong to a CMP club while the cost of joining another shooting club can be much more than just the GOAL membership.

As per the original response, there are other low cost orgs you can join to fulfill the requirement... sorry but I find funding goal, especially when I live out of state, sort of like throwing money into a fire.

Exactly. As much as I'd love to see NH members supporting GOAL, they have their own battles looming.

If you want to join one of the NH orgs, why not drop off the application in person, then ask them to certify the CMP affiliation form right there?

Back
Top Bottom