Closings, Cancellations, State of Emergency, announcements due to Coronavirus?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're not cancelling this;

JAKARTA/KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Thousands of Muslim pilgrims from across Asia gathered in Indonesia on Wednesday, despite fears that their meeting could fuel the spread of a coronavirus, just two weeks after a similar event in Malaysia caused more than 500 infections.

Organisers and regional officials said the event in the world’s fourth most populous nation had begun, although the regional police chief said he was making a last ditch-effort to persuade organisers to call it off.

“We are more afraid of God,” one of the organisers, Mustari Bahranuddin, told Reuters, when asked about the risk of participants spreading the virus at the event in Gowa in Indonesia’s province of South Sulawesi.

“Because everyone’s human, we fear illnesses, death,” he said. “But there’s something more to the body, which is our soul.”

Organisers had rejected a formal request from authorities to postpone the gathering, said a regional official, Arifuddin Saeni.

He estimated that 8,695 people had already assembled in Gowa, near the provincial city of Makassar, adding that the numbers would make it hard to put a halt to the proceedings

HUNDREDS INFECTED IN MALAYSIA
About two-thirds of Malaysia’s 790 infections have been traced to the meeting at a mosque complex on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, the capital.

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Lower population density and multiple big oceans between us will tend to help with that.
It’s mostly due to a lack of testing and the timeframe of when clusters started. The US number per million is going to skyrocket as we have clusters spread throughout the country, rather than in just one location. Seattle, LA, NYCish, and the 95 loop around Boston. All major clusters that will be blowing up in a week with people who are currently infected but are still asymptomatic. But hopefully it will then stabilize as our isolation practices minimize new infections.

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
They're not cancelling this;

JAKARTA/KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Thousands of Muslim pilgrims from across Asia gathered in Indonesia on Wednesday, despite fears that their meeting could fuel the spread of a coronavirus, just two weeks after a similar event in Malaysia caused more than 500 infections.

Organisers and regional officials said the event in the world’s fourth most populous nation had begun, although the regional police chief said he was making a last ditch-effort to persuade organisers to call it off.

“We are more afraid of God,” one of the organisers, Mustari Bahranuddin, told Reuters, when asked about the risk of participants spreading the virus at the event in Gowa in Indonesia’s province of South Sulawesi.

“Because everyone’s human, we fear illnesses, death,” he said. “But there’s something more to the body, which is our soul.”

Organisers had rejected a formal request from authorities to postpone the gathering, said a regional official, Arifuddin Saeni.

He estimated that 8,695 people had already assembled in Gowa, near the provincial city of Makassar, adding that the numbers would make it hard to put a halt to the proceedings

HUNDREDS INFECTED IN MALAYSIA
About two-thirds of Malaysia’s 790 infections have been traced to the meeting at a mosque complex on the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, the capital.

Allah will protect them... inshallah.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
One of the only legitimate roles of government is to protect the people. The normal people in our country need to be protected from the retards who are still hanging out in bars like there is not a plague raging through the world.
How many deaths? Sorry, it's not a plague.

I may be wrong. If we have a Captain Trips situation, and I die, then you may do a Nelson, "Haw-haw," at my bloated corpse, with my blessing. Just as the annual flu takes out the oldsters, the "Boomer Tumor" ( as my kids call this) is affecting the pre-fragile. When we get a 10% mortality rate among otherwise healthy people, then, it's plague time.

The real contagion is mental.

Honestly, I believe that the stress engendered by the constant drumbeat of fear will cause more deaths than the virus. If we have a riot or two, you can add that.

Again, I may be wrong.

My kids have already started a list, to split up my toys....of course, they've had that since they were ~12 [rofl]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TOTAL HORSE CRAP. THE COMMIES HAVE STARTED THEIR WAR ON US. SPREAD PANIC, SHUT DOWN BUSINESSES, LIMIT PEOPLE TO GATHER. WHATS NEXT GO HOUSE TO HOUSE AND CONFISCATE OUR GUNS. OR STARVE US FIRST.
There is enough legitimate concern around to not have all caps, straight up, skeerd posts. No one is coming for your guns at the fed level.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
TOTAL HORSE CRAP. THE COMMIES HAVE STARTED THEIR WAR ON US. SPREAD PANIC, SHUT DOWN BUSINESSES, LIMIT PEOPLE TO GATHER. WHATS NEXT GO HOUSE TO HOUSE AND CONFISCATE OUR GUNS. OR STARVE US FIRST.
lol.

No. Most of that, we're doing to ourselves. Try again.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
They sent me home today. I am considered 'essential', I normally work no matter what. I'm still technically working, told not to drink, be ready to roll, but from my house.
I’d be telling them FU. If I’m not being paid for stand by then don’t call me. I’m not an on call, call boy.
Had this conversation with the bride tonight.
We don’t work “at will” or on call. We can head north while healthy and let the city burn.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people are rolling from their house this week, the rest are using the bong.
I think the general theory is keep us healthy as long as they can. When local PD's start to crater, they'll call us in. I've responded to other disasters, this one will probably top them all.

I’d be telling them FU. If I’m not being paid for stand by then don’t call me. I’m not an on call, call boy.
Had this conversation with the bride tonight.
We don’t work “at will” or on call. We can head north while healthy and let the city burn.
It's part of the game, so for now I'll play. It is what it is, I'll be healthy when they need me. Thing is, once I go back out, I won't be coming home until it's over. Not going to risk bringing it into my house. I just hope it's local because I really don't want to leave my wife and kids just as things start to really fall apart. I don't want to have to make that kind of decision.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A lot of people are rolling from their house this week, the rest are using the bong.
jeez, i am perplexed. Have a big consulting gig that is supposed to start april 1st. I could use the money, but on the other hand, if i get the black shakes from being around other workers....the money is not worth it. About a hundred people at the work site....trying to figure out what to do.

Right now, i am renovating a house, and it is just me and the wife pretty much every day...no exposure to anyone.

atmay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Don’t pat Sununo on the back too hard. Seems all the ski areas were ordered closed except Waterville Valley. Who owns WV?

There is also pressure for the State Liquor Stores to close up.

Got both of these tid bits of intel who sent his wife up to Nashua for stocking up.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Pennsylvania closes all "Non-Life Sustaining" businesses, but thankfully allows beer distributors to remain open:

The following are considered “life-sustaining” businesses and will stay open, according to WPXI in Pittsburgh:
  • Grocery stores
  • Pharmacies
  • Gas stations
  • Beer distributors
  • Transit and transportation systems
  • Taxi services
WPXI is reporting food establishments can still offer carryout, delivery and drive-thru.

pupchow

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pennsylvania closes all "Non-Life Sustaining" businesses, but thankfully allows beer distributors to remain open:

I work at the major liquor/beer distributor in RI and we are seeing numbers this last week the same we see the week before 4th of July. Oh and that's with every bar and restaurant in the state not ordering, just liquor stores. Ridiculous!

Last edited:

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I work at the major liquor/beer distributor in RI and we are seeing numbers this last week the same we see the week before 4th of July. Oh and that's without every bar and restaurant in the state not ordering, just liquor stores. Ridiculous!
It's likely that people are worried that the breweries will shut down so they're stocking up for the long run.

Top Bottom