Closings, Cancellations, State of Emergency, announcements due to Coronavirus?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Duxprep

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I think my son was a little bummed about school being closed. It's a big social scene, in addition to the learning.
Yeah same here. I've got a senior.. no senior night, no prom, possibly no graduation ceremony., no final performances in his 5 music ensembles, he was cast as Romeo in Romeo and Juliet...that's done too. Really sad for all seniors as this is a pretty special time for these kids

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What I tell you lads. This isn’t gonna go on for more than 2-3 months. So don’t blow all your cash on frozen fish sticks.
I wouldn’t trust shit out of China regarding this.

I stopped by MB in Salem MA today and it’s looking like they’re doing a great job restocking. All the bread shelves were full, canned goods were low but being restocked, same with dairy (although there was still tons of cheese). Didn’t look for TP as I’m all set for now

Compare that to Whole Check in Swampscott... f***ing place was obliterated last night.
Felt like all I could do was laugh at the yuppies who panicked and took all the bread except organic cinnamon raisin swirl and some brioche rolls.

Last edited:

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I wouldn’t trust shit out of China regarding this.
I think they’re being honest if they weren’t they would have downplayed the death count. 2,788 people isn’t peanuts. Take it seriously but also understand severity of this will decrease with time. The only reason they’re going hard now is because they don’t want two alternating flu-like seasons, Flu part of the year and then Corona the other part and slight overlap between the two. Once they decrease Corona and find a vaccine they can prevent this dynamic.

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My children don't have school at least until March 27th....I am lucky that I work from a home office. I can't imagine how much this must suck for parents that can't work remote.

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I think they’re being honest if they weren’t they would have downplayed the death count. 2,788 people isn’t peanuts. Take it seriously but also understand severity of this will decrease with time. The only reason they’re going hard now is because they don’t want two alternating flu-like seasons, Flu part of the year and then Corona the other part and slight overlap between the two. Once they decrease Corona and find a vaccine they can prevent this dynamic.
A statistician literally proved that China was using a statistical model to report infections and deaths and not the actual infections and deaths,. I posted that somewhere here.

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Monomoy Regional closed until at least April 27th. Old Ball and Chain drives a bus. She's freaking out about losing 6 weeks pay, but it should sink in pretty quick that being broke and alive beats the heck out of the alternative.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went for a walk this afternoon, got home, and daughter was gone. Went shopping at TJ Maxx. After dinner, son wanted to go hang out and sleep over his buddy's. I said no, and no more shopping trips, except for food and essentials. Now everyone is mad at me. Wife finally came out and said this is no worse than the flu, and cited lack of concern from the boy's friends mom, who is a nurse, and sister in law, who is a nursing home administrator. I said they are too busy on their work side to deal with this side of it.

Am I out of place, or should we be kind of "reeling it in" a bit, and sticking closer to home? My take on it is they don't close school, air travel, and a lot of businesses on a whim. Help me out here, folks.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went for a walk this afternoon, got home, and daughter was gone. Went shopping at TJ Maxx. After dinner, son wanted to go hang out and sleep over his buddy's. I said no, and no more shopping trips, except for food and essentials. Now everyone is mad at me. Wife finally came out and said this is no worse than the flu, and cited lack of concern from the boy's friends mom, who is a nurse, and sister in law, who is a nursing home administrator. I said they are too busy on their work side to deal with this side of it.

Am I out of place, or should we be kind of "reeling it in" a bit, and sticking closer to home? My take on it is they don't close school, air travel, and a lot of businesses on a whim. Help me out here, folks.
This is the real deal. Limiting social contact is definitely smart, IMO. Let's not make it any harder for our health care workers than it already will be.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, and at what point should people stop going to grocery stores?

My father in law goes to the gas station every day to do scratch tickets and Keno. I really don't think that is a good idea for him, but also not for us. Gonna be tough ending that one, which is a big GAPING hole in everything.

NorthShore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Ha I’m going through a similar thing. I was considered paranoid last month and now a genius when the panic buying/ gov announcements. The same will unfortunately happen regarding “social distancing” - once case numbers jump I won’t be a @ss anymore. I hope I’m wrong but this event has been in slow motion for me after watching China and then South Korea, Europe... it’s really simple math with some guess work. The piss poor performance by the feds regarding testing just makes things more sketchy.

BigTimber

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

I’ve spoken to 4 health care professionals personally in the last 24-48 hours. 2 at children’s the other two at B&Ws, To a person they think this is WAY WAY overblown. To the point they are worried now that if something really serious comes down the road in the future no one will believe it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I think the media has overblown parts of it, and the toilet paper over-shopping is stupid. I think it is a big wake-up call to everyone, myself included. We now see where our vulnerabilities lie. We will get through this, who knows how many will die from the disease, and how many will be hurt by the disruption and sinking economy. It is just a shaking out of everything, and will kind of put people on more solid ground in the long run, if they can work through it all.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’ve spoken to 4 health care professionals personally in the last 24-48 hours. 2 at children’s the other two at B&Ws, To a person they think this is WAY WAY overblown. To the point they are worried now that if something really serious comes down the road in the future no one will believe it.
Really? Great! Those numbers escalating for every day in every nation must be a series of flukes.

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
They should hop on planes and go help in Italy then. Clearly they think they aren't going to be needed here. Why don't they go volunteer?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I’ve seen an interesting trend on FB. Local restaurants so concerned that kids won’t eat that they’ll feed them for free if you bring them in.

Sure. A $1 cost kids meal to get Mom to keep coming in during COVfefe.

People on FB are falling over themselves thanking these businesses. Please!

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve seen an interesting trend on FB. Local restaurants so concerned that kids won’t eat that they’ll feed them for free if you bring them in.

Sure. A $1 cost kids meal to get Mom to keep coming in during COVfefe.

People on FB are falling over themselves thanking these businesses. Please!
Excellent recycling of that pejorative #Covfefe

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I could buy sucking for that feeling if over the next week, things don't ramp as anticipated in terms of US cases,
etc. The problem now is more of these cases that are announced, even in MA, etc, seem to have this "random" distribution
to them where there's no easy correlation to a source. When this thing started out early on most of the cases were like "yeah this guy got infected because he was in italy at X time, captain obvious etc. The thing is now we have people popping up seemingly at random who have absolutely no idea how they got infected. That means that the virus is "loose" to some degree in the american public.

-Mike

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Top Bottom