• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Closing the MA gun show loophole - for the children

John2006

NES Member
C'mooooon, Supreme Court.

Related nukulur-bomb funny - RI House passed some law to "protect RI if the SC ever reverses RvW." Ummmmm, that's not this works. That's not how ANY of this works. ROFL!

Where are those rampaging chimps when you need them? Can we order some as pets for these dems that come up with bright ideas? Chimp/dem, they're both poo flingers.

Greg

"allegedly bought 150 rounds of 9 mm ammunition without a license at the Northeast Gun Show last Saturday."

so punish the population because of a drunk and FFL that didn't check for an LTC before he sold ammo.

Why not just inform all FFL's or anyone selling anything at a gun show that gun, ammunition and ammunition components require either an FID or a Mass LTC to purchase.

Simple solution to a problem that was set up by the state.

Actually, that's exactly how it would work. If Roe v Wade were reversed, it would become a state law issue. Which is why NY and VA have already passed new pro abortion laws. I expect MA to follow suit in due course.

C'mooooon, Supreme Court.

Related nukulur-bomb funny - RI House passed some law to "protect RI if the SC ever reverses RvW." Ummmmm, that's not this works. That's not how ANY of this works. ROFL!

Theres no loophole- the FFL f***ed up.

No, he broke the law. Gees, all the rigamarole you have to go through in this state to have a business and an FFL, you would think they would follow the law. Now they will try and pass more laws because people break the laws.

We will soon have a law requiring all gun show sellers to do BGCs or maybe they will just have a check at a door to make sure you have a current valid CC Permit or a NICS scanner at the door to scan those entering. Either way this a**h*** just made lives more complicated for firearm owners and we will be punished accordingly.

He was from Connecticut.
Which means that per MGL he can not POSSESS or SELL ammo or large capacity mags in MA, period. He can only sell guns to another FFL. He can sell accessories however.

The AG has ruled that any ammo dealer must have a MA Ammo Dealer's License and there is no provision to issue those to non-MA dealers. [NOTE: This is different from the shipping issue as said dealer is doing the transactions in Mass FTF and MA rules/laws apply in that case.]

We will soon have a law requiring all gun show sellers to do BGCs or maybe they will just have a check at a door to make sure you have a current valid CC Permit or a NICS scanner at the door to scan those entering. Either way this a**h*** just made lives more complicated for firearm owners and we will be punished accordingly.
I'm sure that they will try, however . . .
- BATFE won't allow NICS to be used by anyone other than a FFL and ONLY on firearms, not ammo, not mags, not stun guns, etc.
- MA can revise the laws to require state background checks for anything including buying chewing gum if they want to . . . and they do want to! However see my comment above . . . unless they also modify the law to issue MA Dealer licenses to non-MA dealers, there is no way for them to access the MIRCS system.

Actually, that's exactly how it would work. If Roe v Wade were reversed, it would become a state law issue. Which is why NY and VA have already passed new pro abortion laws. I expect MA to follow suit in due course.

Do we really think that if the current SC reversed RvW, they’d stop at making it a states rights issue? We are in an era where the court is flexing federal jurisdiction over states rights.

I can’t read the article but what does drunk have to do with anything? I am The only one shopping at Walmart after the bar closes?i wish our Walmart was still 24h. I quit Walmart....I can’t go there when there is anyone else in the store... I can’t take it.

So if some Wally world employee F’s up and sells a drunk guy ammo with no FID/LTC does that now become the “Walmart Loophole”?

I can’t read the article but what does drunk have to do with anything? I am The only one shopping at Walmart after the bar closes?i wish our Walmart was still 24h. I quit Walmart....I can’t go there when there is anyone else in the store... I can’t take it.
I was just trying to make a comparison based on a hypothetical situation. Maybe I should of left the “drunk” part out. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I just wasn’t sure if it was relevant.... Walmart carries wine and beer I guess, wish they’d sell liquor, I’d probably start going again.

Back
Top Bottom