• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Closed Topic

I originally started this thread looking for ideas in the Westwood area while my wife was shopping last week. I did receive some nice replies and I thank all who responded, BUT, this topic seems to have morphed into the pros and cons of a particular gun shop.

That definitely was not my intent and I think such a discussion is better served in another area of this fine forum.

Last edited:
Atlantic tactical is nearby. But I wouldn't really recommend it. I've picked up a few boxes of ammo but it's mostly a police supply store by hey won't sell firearms to civilians

There is s small shop in Norwood on Pleasant st. ( about 10 min from Frugal Fannies) I have not been there yet so can't tell you anything about it.

zero hour arms is about 20 minutes, but you'll be doubling back down 24 which you probably already drove by from the cape. how about the new one in norwood??? norwood arms i think???? right next to westwood. you can also check dick's in dedham for ammo if your not a dick's hater

Last edited:
Norwood Armory, www.norwoodarmory.net is the one on Pleasant St
clicked on the link----looks interesting----comm 2a supporters along with goal--- worth a visit imho. they also advertise storage---might this be the type of place suggested by the comm 2a folks to pre-register with in case of restraining orders to avoid the village vault debacle?????

Last edited:
They will be done in 20 minutes. Not that big of a store but then again, mayne they have lots of atuff.

zero hour arms in Easton.
alex is the man. good shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Norwood Armory, www.norwoodarmory.net is the one on Pleasant St

never been there but sounds cool.

- - - Updated - - -

They will be done in 20 minutes. Not that big of a store but then again, mayne they have lots of atuff.

20 minutes waiting for my wife to shop feels like 20 years.

Norwood armory 10 min away-- forget Atlantic Tactical they only sell to LEO & not law abiding citizens & FOUR SEASONS which is 20 mins away from Norwood W/O traffic up 128n

Atlantic tactical is nearby. But I wouldn't really recommend it. I've picked up a few boxes of ammo but it's mostly a police supply store by hey won't sell firearms to civilians

I go by there a lot, I've wondered if they would sell to the public, but I won't waste my cash or time there.

- - - Updated - - -

If you hit four seasons it's worth the 15 minutes to hit collectors in Stoneham.

The Norwood store is small but not too bad, decent prices on ammo. I was going to have them consign a couple of guns for me but they wanted 20% to do so. I don't think so!

If this is a Saturday and you're going into a gun store to browse, don't go to Four Seasons, they're just too busy. Atlantic Tactical as people already mentioned doesn't sell to civilians any longer but they do have a large selection of clothing and gear. Norwood Armory looks interesting and it's only 10 minutes away and Zero Hour Arms is maybe 20 minutes away, but worth the trip. They have a lot of interesting stuff in there that you won't see in other shops. Some nice guys too, like Brian and that big guy with the long hair whose name I forget and a cool, friendly dog whose name I also forget.

If it were me, I'd go to Zero Hour Arms. Don't let the commute time get in the way, they'll be n Frugal Fannies for a good hour and a half.

Here's the google maps directions from Frugal Fannies to Zero Hour Arms, 22 minutes:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fru...c4a2047966645a!2m2!1d-71.0698538!2d42.0469479

Last edited:
The Norwood shop is also a good place to get your propane. They have the best selection per square foot that I have seen in a long time. Great little shop give it a try. They guy is great.

I second the "Norwood Armory" suggestion. The owner, Bob, is a very friendly guy. And they gave me a free propane fill-up with my handgun purchase, which I felt was already a fair price. And they have a selection that exceeds most shops. Lots of variety.

There was also a veteran working behind the counter. A really nice kid who's getting his college degree while working at the shop. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Oh, and he speaks a number of different languages, and for fun is learning more. The young man is very sharp. I love meeting young folks these days who are smart, personable, polite and hard working. I'd hire the kid in a heartbeat if he was interested in software. Yeah, that kind of kid.

I'll be heading back. My son wants to "confiscate" my new handgun. I'll be buying him one when he comes home on leave on December! Just in time to get yet another propane full.

There's nothing wrong with their staff on location, they're good people. Not selling guns to non-LEOs was an insurance and doing business in MA decision. I'm still going to buy ammo and targets from them, I got my Shield there for $299 on the last day.

There's nothing wrong with their staff on location, they're good people. Not selling guns to non-LEOs was an insurance and doing business in MA decision. I'm still going to buy ammo and targets from them, I got my Shield there for $299 on the last day.
YOU, got your shield there because you're a LEO. Us common folk can't buy gun there. Sure, their gun prices are great if you have "credentials".

Bolded = absolutely WRONG!!

It was a business decision across the corporation to SIGN dealer agreements with vendors ONLY for the LE (discounted pricing) programs!! They can't contractually sell those guns to non-LE people (actually it's usually all 1st responders, but MGL only exempts LEOs for non-AG compliant handguns). They would have had to sign different agreements to deal in non-LE programs and maintain 2 sets of inventory. LE programs allow audits by the mfr to ensure that they are not giving LE discount pricing to mere mortals or they lose their LE dealer status.

As I've stated before it is a "cop shop" not a gun shop. 90+% of the floor is blue uniform (5.11) products, LE holsters and gear. Although I'm eligible under their current contracts, I find the place boring to go in there, no used guns, not much product of interest even to me. Folks there are very nice and treat everyone well, but they serve a niche market not the general market.

Let the hate continue! [thinking]

Bolded = absolutely WRONG!!

It was a business decision across the corporation to SIGN dealer agreements with vendors ONLY for the LE (discounted pricing) programs!! They can't contractually sell those guns to non-LE people (actually it's usually all 1st responders, but MGL only exempts LEOs for non-AG compliant handguns). They would have had to sign different agreements to deal in non-LE programs and maintain 2 sets of inventory. LE programs allow audits by the mfr to ensure that they are not giving LE discount pricing to mere mortals or they lose their LE dealer status.

As I've stated before it is a "cop shop" not a gun shop. 90+% of the floor is blue uniform (5.11) products, LE holsters and gear. Although I'm eligible under their current contracts, I find the place boring to go in there, no used guns, not much product of interest even to me. Folks there are very nice and treat everyone well, but they serve a niche market not the general market.

Let the hate continue! [thinking]

Good to know they discriminate against all non-special people equally, and not just in Mass [rolleyes]

the insurance, inventory, and contract excuses are total BS--that kind of crap happens in many businesses. I suspect they got sick of explaining to people why the special pricing only applies to special people.

I support their right to conduct business as they see fit but I also support eveyone's right to call them out as an anti-2A gun dealer from which ANY purchase only serves to fill the wallet of people that would pick away at our 2A rights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom