• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Closed Gun Store Workaround?

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
Had someone ask me if gun stores could operate by Appointment Only and schedule 1 buyer/seller/transferee at a time and Not violate the current policy.
Told him "I don't know..."

Any thoughts or opinions?

~Enbloc

Not a lawyer. Don’t have a FFL. Still a risk, but, aren’t the dealers getting caught because they need MIRCS to record sales? If a dealer was looking for a workaround, couldn’t they exclusively conduct frame transfers?

Not ideal, and no guarantee that there wouldn’t be consequenses.

But it would take the method the AG is using to detect sales out of the equation.

My state licensing liaison told me that the expectation is that no FFL in Ma does any transfers and/or gun sales, as we are not considered essential by Baker. The potential "penalty" would be the state refusing to renew state licensing is the default "penalty"..... A memo was sent to local PD's telling them they can request info as to who is using MIRCS if the local PD wants to make a problem for the state dealer. It reads like MIRCS is unable to provide the info without a request from the PD for the info. If you provide guns to local PD, you may be OK depending on how you read the situation. I may be mistaken but this is my take on the issue. I had asked specifically about the transfer of a single shotgun to a client who ordered prior to the shutdown and was still told not to transfer the gun.

Yes, but dealers have reported that their portal is shut down. They could mean that if they conduct a sale, the state knows about it. Not sure, but there are threads on here that speak to MIRCS being for all intents and purposes shut down for dealers.
Frame transfers do not involve MIRCS.

My state licensing liaison told me that the expectation is that no FFL in Ma does any transfers and/or gun sales, as we are not considered essential by Baker. The potential "penalty" would be the state refusing to renew state licensing is the default "penalty"..... A memo was sent to local PD's telling them they can request info as to who is using MIRCS if the local PD wants to make a problem for the state dealer. It reads like MIRCS is unable to provide the info without a request from the PD for the info. If you provide guns to local PD, you may be OK depending on how you read the situation. I may be mistaken but this is my take on the issue. I had asked specifically about the transfer of a single shotgun to a client who ordered prior to the shutdown and was still told not to transfer the gun.
If this is the case, how does the ag make phone calls for potential AW sales? Heard many retailers say they've sold or transferred compliant rifles only to get a call within hours from the AG

GunRunner is still up and running. He picked up a pile of product from Cape Cod earlier this week. He's old and pulling a huge FU to the state. Good for him. Good for all of us.
He does have giant balls!
You have to admire John for telling Faker Baker and Dimples the Tyrant to go to Hell. It appears that he wants to be the test case for preserving our Constitutional rights here in the People's Republic. I don't think Faker Baker gives a damn one way or the other. He didn't even know what was banned and not banned. He's like Biden in a way... doesn't even know (or care) what's going on around him. He just goes along to get along.

But Maura must be pissed. You know this is personal for her... questioning her power and authority. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. [thinking]

Why any dealer would put them selves in jeopardy to do any sales or transfers at this point.....Look folks if you do not have enough ammo available...oh well you should have planned better.......if your buying another firearm just to buy one...save your money you may need it for other things....All that said f*** Baker! If a cop's want ammo or needs a gun...f*** the Cop's. Opinions may vary...if so, I don't really care.

Last edited:
Last i heard, food , shelter , clothing are essentials for us yet i cant buy an effing pair of shoes right now. I can buy beer, but not shoes.

If John wants to stay open, its all on him. Why any business would want to stay in this shithole state after this is over is beyond me. And whats the difference if one is standing in line at the grocery store or a gun shop? Its an opinion of whats essential.

Why any dealer would put them selves in jeopardy to do any sales or transfers at this point.....Looks folks if you do not have enough ammo available...oh well you should have planned better.......if your buying another firearm just to buy one...save your money you may need it for other things....All that said f*** Baker! If a cop wants ammo or needs a gun...f*** the Cop's. Opinions may vary...if so, I don't really care.
I agree 99%. I don’t need anything. But I don’t like being told I can’t. If a dealer wants to make a stand, I support him.

Why any dealer would put them selves in jeopardy to do any sales or transfers at this point.....

Not sure if serious, if you run a gun shop nows the time to sell stuff, if you have it. People who run businesses have to make their own risk assessments. The only saving grace here is that most of the shops were probably cleaned out before the state put everyone on prison lockdown.

GunRunner is still up and running. He picked up a pile of product from Cape Cod earlier this week. He's old and pulling a huge FU to the state. Good for him. Good for all of us.

I wish that shop was closer... I'd like to support them by even buying something as small as a box of ammo.

I wish that shop was closer... I'd like to support them by even buying something as small as a box of ammo.
Same here. The problem is that I'm hearing there is a line just to get in. If anyone knows otherwise, please post it. I don't want to go down there just to stand outside in a line. I'd want to be sure that I could get in and buy something to help support him. [thinking]

Last edited:
+++

Same here. The problem is that I'm hearing there is a line just to get in. If anyone knows otherwise, please post it. I don't want to go down there just to stand outside in a line. I'd want to be sure that I could get in and buy something to help support him. [thinking]

From the news report I saw he's not letting anyone in the shop and conducting all sales outside. He's supposedly keeping his inventory updated here on NES in the dealer section. At least that's what his web site is saying.

From the news report I saw he's not letting anyone in the shop and conducting all sales outside. He's supposedly keeping his inventory updated here on NES in the dealer section. At least that's what his web site is saying.
Okay, I thought I read where he had changed that. I must have been looking at an earlier report. [thinking]

If this is the case, how does the ag make phone calls for potential AW sales? Heard many retailers say they've sold or transferred compliant rifles only to get a call within hours from the AG
FRB Director told me a while ago that she has given direct access to MIRCS/FRB database (dealer transactions) to the AG's office. PD access is totally different . . . I've seen it and it is totally useless.

What a convenient date...when the ban is over anyway. So helpful!
Mark my words . . . the ban will NOT end on May 4th, not even close. We're far from over with CV-19.

FRB Director told me a while ago that she has given direct access to MIRCS/FRB database (dealer transactions) to the AG's office. PD access is totally different . . . I've seen it and it is totally useless.

Mark my words . . . the ban will NOT end on May 4th, not even close. We're far from over with CV-19.

What sucks is that I have a shipment in limbo right now. I called the shop and they said they were accepting shipments, but that was just before faker changed his mind.

According to tracking - delivery was attempted after his change of heart - and no one was there to sign. So now it's been sitting at a fedex depot for weeks. I just hope it doesn't get sent back and that it eventually gets delivered.

Right. So I guess my question is this: if the AG's office has direct access to ffl transactions, why do they then need the pd to let them know?

Logically, the AG knows, doesnt she just dime out to the police?

I'm confused by this whole thing.

If I am Gunrunner or really any gun shop in MA. I would try to sell and unload everything I could. I don't know how anyone could look to the state that says you have to shut down, oh and btw you aren't eligible for the SBL, and take them seriously. Good for John and anyone else tells the state to go pound sand

Back
Top Bottom