• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Closed Gun Store Workaround?

Why any dealer would put them selves in jeopardy to do any sales or transfers at this point.....Look folks if you do not have enough ammo available...oh well you should have planned better.......if your buying another firearm just to buy one...save your money you may need it for other things....All that said f*** Baker! If a cop wants ammo or needs a gun...f*** the Cop's. Opinions may vary...if so, I don't really care.

Take this from possibly one of the biggest P-words on this board: Sometimes, you are risking "everything" because you believe in something so much. I totally get that. And will happily contribute to his LDF if/when it is up and running. This deserves federal smackdown and quick. Even if it isn't until July or August, it would be a nice cherry on top of the NEXT "big problem" that comes mASS's way.

And yeah, I'm very very happy that I have the means to write checks instead of my ass in most situations.

Not sure if serious, if you run a gun shop nows the time to sell stuff, if you have it. People who run businesses have to make their own risk assessments. The only saving grace here is that most of the shops were probably cleaned out before the state put everyone on prison lockdown.

You missed the point....I asked why under current condition would a vendor put themselves in jeopardy of loosing there license....if they have it sure I agree they should be able to sell it..... But if you are a knuckle head just looking to stock up, that to me again was poor planning. Why expect a vendor to put there livelihood in jeopardy. If the issue is that our rights and a dealers rights are yet again being trampled by f*** Head Baker. I agree and we should do what ever it takes to change that...As usual Opinions may vary...But I don't care! Carry On. ;)

You missed the point....I asked why under current condition would a vendor put themselves in jeopardy of loosing there license....if they have it sure I agree they should be able to sell it..... .

Because if you want to move product, and can't sell now- when demand is high- what's the point in having a license? The cyclical nature of this industry requires that you can capitalize on
whatever gains you can make (sock some cash away) when this kind of shit happens, because the other 90% of the time there;s just a trickle of sales for most smaller gun shops.

But if you are a knuckle head just looking to stock up, that to me again was poor planning. Why expect a vendor to put there livelihood in jeopardy

Two separate things. I wouldn't "expect" a vendor to stay open if they got a gun pointed at them by the state or local gov (as some have, basically). It's up to them to
decide what to do, not the consumer.

-Mike

Anyone think there will be longer-lasting issues with Massachusetts Gun Stores post-Covid, other than financial (which will still be huge)?

Because if you want to move product, and can't sell now- when demand is high- what's the point in having a license? The cyclical nature of this industry requires that you can capitalize on
whatever gains you can make (sock some cash away) when this kind of shit happens, because the other 90% of the time there;s just a trickle of sales for most smaller gun shops.

Two separate things. I wouldn't "expect" a vendor to stay open if they got a gun pointed at them by the state or local gov (as some have, basically). It's up to them to
decide what to do, not the consumer.

-Mike

OK

Just go to NH for long guns and f**k EFA-10
Anyone think there will be longer-lasting issues with Massachusetts Gun Stores post-Covid, other than financial (which will still be huge)?

Sort of...with quid pro Joe the Dem candidate, ammo supplies are going to be very scarce all year (covid or no covid). If he wins, all I can say is Oy vey!

FRB Director told me a while ago that she has given direct access to MIRCS/FRB database (dealer transactions) to the AG's office. PD access is totally different . . . I've seen it and it is totally useless.

Mark my words . . . the ban will NOT end on May 4th, not even close. We're far from over with CV-19.
Is she still really cute ? Lol

She was very helpful to me during the Jesse Cohen debachle. Wish I had a reason to call her but faaaaaaak that place ! Lol

Yes, but dealers have reported that their portal is shut down. They could mean that if they conduct a sale, the state knows about it. Not sure, but there are threads on here that speak to MIRCS being for all intents and purposes shut down for dealers.
Frame transfers do not involve MIRCS.
It's not shut down.

Wasnt sure. But it is the “tattle tale” right? I thought I read somewhere that PD’s were monitoring it for gun shop transactions. That’s why I said for all intents and purposes it is.
Wasn't that the whole reason MIRCS was created in the first place???

What about personal sales of anything; guns, ammo and or accessories?

Personal transfers of firearms (as we understand the term, not as defined in MGL) are still OK, subject to 4/yr limit. The state portal is still open to report transfers on eFA10 forms.

IIRC, a license is technically required to sell ammunition, you can't do it with an LTC. Someone will chime in to confirm or correct.

Personal transfers of firearms (as we understand the term, not as defined in MGL) are still OK, subject to 4/yr limit. The state portal is still open to report transfers on eFA10 forms.

IIRC, a license is technically required to sell ammunition, you can't do it with an LTC. Someone will chime in to confirm or correct.
When I asked Glidden about this, he informed me that that particular section of MGL ONLY applies to MA Dealers. Many disagree, however EOPS and MA LE doesn't seem to care. Many of us have, do and will sell ammo surplus to our needs and nobody comes knocking on our doors.

So take that for what it is worth.

We’ll have to get this guy some business. Plus he may need some legal defense at some point so we might need to help him there too. Let’s keep an eye on how this plays out. Nothing may be done now while the spotlight is on him but when all this is in the rearview mirror I would not be surprised if he encounters “administrative“ issues when he has to Renew licenses and permits.

We’ll have to get this guy some business. Plus he may need some legal defense at some point so we might need to help him there too. Let’s keep an eye on how this plays out. Nothing may be done now while the spotlight is on him but when all this is in the rearview mirror I would not be surprised if he encounters “administrative“ issues when he has to Renew licenses and permits.
John is certainly a brave man to go up against The Tyrant. We all should be there for him if and when the **** starts to hit the fan. [thinking]

I guess John at the Gunrunner was interviewed by Glen Beck. So it's gone National. Fox News picked it up also:

Massachusetts gun store owner invokes 'God and Trump' against cease-and-desist order amid coronavirus closures

And the "breaking news" video at the top of the page is. . . .5 min of some guy who looks like a thumb telling me that guns'r'bad, m'kay!?

And you all think Fox is the bastion of conservatism. They are the bastion of whatever will get them more advertising revenue. Period. Ditto for Beck.

A lot of people still don't know that they have shut out the 2nd in mass, NRA was praising the decision for Cali about the ammo but nothing about ma

Back
Top Bottom