• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Clint moments

OK...

We ALL know Clint Eastwood was awesome and he ruled. I grew up with his movies and I wanted to ask...

What's your favorite Clint Eastwood moment?

I love the scene in Pale Rider where he beats the s*** out of a bunch of thugs and says 'nothing beats a good piece of hickory.'

But this one also is a runner-up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B5lFuTUhso

Not from a movie but:

"I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we - we own this country. We - we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.
Clint Eastwood"

Clint's da man!

Sadly, he's also pro gun control...

Despite being heavily associated with firearms in his Westerns and cop movies, Eastwood has publicly endorsed gun control since at least 1973. In the April 24, 1973, edition of the Washington Post, the star stated that "I'm for gun legislation myself. I don't hunt."[329] Two years later, in 1975, Eastwood told People magazine that he favors "gun control to some degree".[330] About a year later, Eastwood remarked that "All guns should be registered. I don't think legitimate gun owners would mind that kind of legislation. Right now the furor against a gun law is by gun owners who are overreacting. They're worried that all guns are going to be recalled. It's impossible to take guns out of circulation, and that's why firearms should be registered and mail-order delivery of guns halted."[331] In 1993, he noted that he "... was always a backer" of the Brady Bill, with its federally mandated waiting period.[332] In 1995, Eastwood questioned the purpose of assault weapons. Larry King, the famous television host and newspaper columnist, wrote in the May 22, 1995, edition of USA Today that "My interview with Eastwood will air on 'Larry King Weekend' ... I asked him his thoughts on the NRA and gun control and he said that while people think of him as pro-gun, he has always been in favor of controls. 'Why would anyone need or want an assault weapon?' he said."[333]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Eastwood

I've enjoyed a great many of his movies, but you also need to know the man...

Despite being heavily associated with firearms in his Westerns and cop movies, Eastwood has publicly endorsed gun control since at least 1973. In the April 24, 1973, edition of the Washington Post, the star stated that "I'm for gun legislation myself. I don't hunt."[329] Two years later, in 1975, Eastwood told People magazine that he favors "gun control to some degree".[330] About a year later, Eastwood remarked that "All guns should be registered. I don't think legitimate gun owners would mind that kind of legislation. Right now the furor against a gun law is by gun owners who are overreacting. They're worried that all guns are going to be recalled. It's impossible to take guns out of circulation, and that's why firearms should be registered and mail-order delivery of guns halted."[331] In 1993, he noted that he "... was always a backer" of the Brady Bill, with its federally mandated waiting period.[332] In 1995, Eastwood questioned the purpose of assault weapons. Larry King, the famous television host and newspaper columnist, wrote in the May 22, 1995, edition of USA Today that "My interview with Eastwood will air on 'Larry King Weekend' ... I asked him his thoughts on the NRA and gun control and he said that while people think of him as pro-gun, he has always been in favor of controls. 'Why would anyone need or want an assault weapon?' he said."[333]

Well bite me for ruining my opinion of yet another cultural icon I USED TO respect. [frown]

Still, there were some real gems in Heartbreak Ridge

Outlaw josey wales. The scene when he and ten bears come to terms. Or the scene when he tells the bounty hunter looking for him that die'n ain't much of a living.

Last edited:
Not from a movie but:

"I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we - we own this country. We - we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.
Clint Eastwood"

+1

I'm the Sheriff!

Clint: ... and the mayor

Last edited by a moderator:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did you have to ruin it for me? Bastard!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did you have to ruin it for me? Bastard!!!

Hey, I would have loved it IF he was pro-2A... Sadly, he's proven himself to be in the other camp. I have liked a lot of his movies, but I'm less apt to watch them now that I know his stand on the subject.

When he spits on the dog's head always comes to mind. I crack up every time I see it, not sure why.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Last edited:
In this world there are men who arm themselves....and men who dig.......you dig!

Food fort thought......every one of these comments is at least 20 years old.....some of them 40 years old. Not even 10 years ago I was bought into the full right wing conservative platform.....the whole thing. I've changed a great deal in my understanding of freedom in a decade. My point here is.....what is Mr Eastwoods CURRENT stance? Anyone truly know......any recent interviews from him on it?

In this world there are men who arm themselves....and men who dig.......you dig!

It's - You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Spoken by Blondie (Eastwood) in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Also - Tuco: There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; those that come in by the window.
And - Tuco: There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend: Those with a rope around the neck, and the people who have the job of doing the cutting.

I like this one - Tuco: You never had a rope around your neck. Well, I'm going to tell you something. When that rope starts to pull tight, you can feel the Devil bite your ass.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) Quotes

Last edited:
Outlaw josey wales. The scene when he and ten bears come to terms. Or the scene when he tells the bounty hunter looking for him that die'n ain't much of a living.

THIS.

"Man's gotta make a livin'."
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Awesome.

High Plains Drifter has some great classic Clint.
Pale Rider has one of my favorites
[video=youtube_share;KwFm2cDFIvU]http://youtu.be/KwFm2cDFIvU[/video]

Heartbreak Ridge

[video=youtube_share;W2YZ1GeRHnY]http://youtu.be/W2YZ1GeRHnY[/video]

[video=youtube_share;gme1h1IfJZA]http://youtu.be/gme1h1IfJZA[/video]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom