Cleveland man faces federal weapons charges for Glock modified into machine gun

mikeyp

NES Member
I can't believe he did that, it's illegal!

Cleveland man faces federal weapons charges for Glock modified into machine gun

CLEVELAND-- A Cleveland man was indicted on two counts of illegal possession of a machine gun.

Toriano A. Leaks Jr., 20, had a .40-caliber Glock modified into a machine gun and a select fire auto-sear, the U.S. Department of Justice said.

“Adding this specific part to a handgun to make it fully automatic makes that firearm illegal and puts the public at risk,” U.S. Attorney Justin Herdman said in a news release on Tuesday. “We will work with our law enforcement partners to prosecute all firearms violations, and especially to stop the flow of these parts into the country.”

Police said they found the items, as well as ammunition and magazines, during a traffic stop in Bedford last month.

"The weapon was modified to fire fully automatic, and was found under the driver's seat, fully loaded with high-capacity magazines. This incident just goes to show the dangers our officers face, even on something that appears to start out as a minor traffic violation," said Bedford Police Chief Martin Stemple.

"The weapon was modified to fire fully automatic, and was found under the driver's seat, fully loaded with high-capacity magazines. This incident just goes to show the dangers our officers face, even on something that appears to start out as a minor traffic violation," said Bedford Police Chief Martin Stemple.

Wasn't any different than if it was just a regular unmodified glock.

20 year old from Cleveland properly installing a select-fire devise in a Glock... unlikely.

20 year old from Cleveland tweaking the trigger bar or clipping a coil from a spring and creating a runaway gun... highly likely.

Wasn't any different than if it was just a regular unmodified glock.

Oh yes it is.

He'd probably have walked on a pistol charge, or maybe minimal sentence but the feds are going to nail him to the cross for the mg and sear charges. He might be back out on the street in 5-10 years.

Not that I agree with that bullshit, but thats the way the feds roll.

As for cop's and danger.......that whole line is getting old. The public at large is in far more peril when cops are around than when they are not.

Who gives a shit? Honestly, I’d rather some punk came at me with that than a standard Glock. Sure, it makes him feel cool, but his enemies, and the public at large, would probably be safer. I say bump stocks and machine pistols for everyone!

"This incident just goes to show the dangers our officers face, even on something that appears to start out as a minor traffic violation, said Bedford Police Chief Martin Stemple"

Obviously the chief is no relation to John Stemple...........

"The weapon was modified to fire fully automatic, and was found under the driver's seat, fully loaded with high-capacity magazines.

Is the Chief who made this moronic comment from MA or some other communist state? Ohio has no magazine restrictions so it was not a "high-capacity magazine" but just a plain magazine. Fully loaded too. wow. I always go around with my magazines missing a few rounds because i dont want to be accused have having fully loaded magazines.

Glock full auto conversions generally have a device that pushes down on the cruciform sear plate when the slide goes forward into battery, not a "modified sear".

Is the Chief who made this moronic comment from MA or some other communist state? Ohio has no magazine restrictions so it was not a "high-capacity magazine" but just a plain magazine. Fully loaded too. wow. I always go around with my magazines missing a few rounds because i dont want to be accused have having fully loaded magazines.

Fear mongers will monger fear regardless of locale, though it is disappointing that an LEO there would say that. Having said that, I'm from Ohio and Bedford, Ohio is kind of a ghetto so not surprising to be honest.

20 year old from Cleveland properly installing a select-fire devise in a Glock... unlikely.

20 year old from Cleveland tweaking the trigger bar or clipping a coil from a spring and creating a runaway gun... highly likely.

Guns are pretty simple machines. Doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to fully understand them or swap out parts. I know some 6 year olds who can put together LEGO sets that are 1,000 times more complex than any gun(particularly modern guns which have tight tolerances and interchangeable parts like a Glock, they are all simple LEGO sets).

Back
Top Bottom