Clerk Would Have Shot Alleged Thief ‘More Times’ but Gun Jammed

Reptile

NES Member
A Tuscumbia, Alabama, gas station clerk who shot a robbery suspect Monday morning says her gun jammed after the first shot, otherwise she would have shot “more times.”

News 19 reports the incident occurred before noon “at the Fuel City on Highway 72.”

Nineteen-year-old store clerk Miranda Mullins says the suspect raised suspicions as soon as he came in because he had a hoodie pulled up and was wearing sunglasses.

Mullins indicated the suspect then “demanded money at gunpoint.”

WAFF 48 quotes Mullins saying, “He came to the counter, put the bag up on the counter, pulled his gun out and said ‘Give me everything out of the register.’”

Mullins said she responded by saying, “You’re joking right, you’re playing?” But the suspect made clear he was not joking and Mullins gave him roughly “$3,400 in cash.”

The suspect then turned to leave with the money and Mullins grabbed her gun and shot him.

She said, “I picked my gun up and shot him. My gun jammed after the first shot. Otherwise, he probably would’ve got shot more times, honestly.”

Mullins’ one shot hit the suspect in the shoulder and police apprehended him after his getaway driver crashed at a redlight while driving him to a hospital.

Shooting a guy as he's leaving?

In Massachusetts, she'd be in jail.

Why did you shoot him 15 times?

Because I only had one magazine.

I fully support shooting theieves in the back.

25 to life in this s-hole state

Perfectly legal down here in America. [smile]

Oh and, what gas station has $3400 in the register and not a floor safe? WTF? I wouldn't be surprised if the BG was a friend of a current or former employee who told them that these idiots don't drop the cash.

Last edited:
Some will argue that it’s not necessary to shoot someone in the back when the robber is leaving. If he left a note and didn’t show a gun then different story but the second he brandished a gun F’K him, next time he might shoot before the cash is handed over. Only gripe I have with the clerk is she needs better accuracy

Perfectly legal down here in America. [smile]

Oh and, what gas station has #3400 in the register and not a floor safe? WTF? I wouldn't be surprised if the BG was a friend of a current or former employee who told them that these idiots don't drop the cash.
When I worked in gas stations almost 30 years ago, we would make drops every $200 so there would never be more than about $300 in the register at any time. When I ran my dads C store back then, a little later, we made similar drops. Limit your potential losses!

Some will argue that it’s not necessary to shoot someone in the back when the robber is leaving. If he left a note and didn’t show a gun then different story but the second he brandished a gun F’K him, next time he might shoot before the cash is handed over. Only gripe I have with the clerk is she needs better accuracy
He lived so he still might

Back
Top Bottom