• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Clerk shoots, kills robbery suspect in Gemme's Worcester

I'm glad they got it right. It really is a shame such a black and white situation can even CAUSE so much debate/concern. In a perfect world it should be a no-brainer.

I'm glad they got it right. It really is a shame such a black and white situation can even CAUSE so much debate/concern. In a perfect world it should be a no-brainer.
Yup, might make the back page, but we surely wouldn't be devoting so much energy to a scumbag whose collected his just desserts.

Guys, guys guys! He owns a...wait for it...rifle! He's cool. His opinions can't be biased. But, Lord almighty, he wouldn't be caught dead owning an evil, baby killing handgun! No sir! None for him! But a rifle, now that is OK. Because we all know that nobody ever died from a rifle shot.

Good catch!

yeah that gets my ass too he's a "rifle owner" so that some how makes him an authority on gun ownership?. the only rifle he probably owns is in his pants and shoots blanks[smile].

Guys, guys guys! He owns a...wait for it...rifle! He's cool. His opinions can't be biased. But, Lord almighty, he wouldn't be caught dead owning an evil, baby killing handgun! No sir! None for him! But a rifle, now that is OK. Because we all know that nobody ever died from a rifle shot.

Like all the lawful gun (rifle) owners that spoke out in defense of Obama. Guess they gotta connect the dots so the rest of the populace knows he isn't a man that might speak against lawful gun ownership having a rifle and all. Nope he's just another Gun Lovin Redneck that clings to his religion and guns.[rofl]

Conti, the former Worcester county DA, tried to indict a Trooper for shooting a suspect trying to run over a local officer after a pursuit. I hope for the best for the clerk.

Conti, the former Worcester county DA, tried to indict a Trooper for shooting a suspect trying to run over a local officer after a pursuit. I hope for the best for the clerk.

Another reason why this world would be better without lawyers.

J/K or am I?

Stopped in to see the guys Saturday. They're all shaken but doing as well as can be expected. It was nice to see so many neighbors stopping in to voice support and do some shopping. Business was booming.

I used to go to that packie all the time when I was in college (this was many moons ago when the drinking age was 20) - of course it was owend by someone else then, but my point is this store's in a good neighborhood. It just underscores the need for viligance. Anyone who thinks crime just happens in the 'bad neighborhoods' is clueless.

Interesting story, I have relatives that live in that neighborhood, they are Obama fans, anti-gun, typical lefties..

Anyways, they know the owner that shot and killed the P.O.S.

Turns out he is not going to be charged for anything! [cheers]

And now my relatives are all fired up with "that's what the bad guys get for coming into our neighborhood"

Interesting how peoples opinions change.

Maybe I'll take them shooting this weekend [grin]

Interesting story, I have relatives that live in that neighborhood, they are Obama fans, anti-gun, typical lefties..

Anyways, they know the owner that shot and killed the P.O.S.

Turns out he is not going to be charged for anything! [cheers]

And now my relatives are all fired up with "that's what the bad guys get for coming into our neighborhood"

Interesting how peoples opinions change.

Maybe I'll take them shooting this weekend [grin]

A conservative's just a liberal that's been robbed. [laugh] I think that's a great idea.

Police: Worcester shooting halts Fitchburg robberies

According to this tool Kearns, protecting yourselff in a robbery is "vigilante justice". Maybe he could get together with Gemme and give him a reach around.

"The vigilante justice in Worcester has stopped all of the armed robberies," Kearns said Monday.

FITCHBURG -- The string of armed robberies that plagued the city since late September stopped around the same time a suspect in a Worcester armed robbery was fatally shot by a liquor store clerk, Fitchburg Police Capt. Phil Kearns said.

"The vigilante justice in Worcester has stopped all of the armed robberies," Kearns said Monday.

A clerk at Big Bob's Liquors in Worcester shot Evan Louis Rivera, 40, several times on Dec. 10 when Rivera and an unidentified man allegedly tried to hold up the store, according to police.

Kearns is not sure if the Rivera is the same man suspected in at least two different Fitchburg armed robberies, but there are points where Rivera and the Fitchburg suspect matched, he said.

"The description was similar to the Fitchburg suspect," Kearns said.

A Hispanic man in his 40s and a younger Hispanic accomplice robbed JV's Package Store on Fairmount Street and Michelle Variety on Water Street on Nov. 28, according to police.

Rivera's alleged accomplice in Worcester took off on foot after the shooting.

Fitchburg saw 17 armed robberies starting in September. Police arrested Jonathan C. Weston, 22, of 110 Daniels St., and charged him with robbing Ray's Variety Store on River Street on Nov. 7.

Fitchburg Police Chief Robert DeMoura has said Weston is likely behind several other armed robberies.

Fitchburg detectives are working with Worcester Police to try and determine if Rivera is the Fitchburg suspect, Kearns said.
Advertisement

The Worcester shooting may be indirectly contributing to the recent lack of armed robberies, Kearns said. Potential suspects may be rethinking their plans in the light of the shooting, he said.

"I would certainly think twice," Kearns said.

According to this tool Kearns, protecting yourselff in a robbery is "vigilante justice". Maybe he could get together with Gemme and give him a reach around.

Screw him.

Was it Fitchburg that was setting up the fake road-work areas to increase their average citations on Route 2? Doesn't sound like an organization that's built on a strong ethical foundation, IMHO.

DA Clears Big Bob!!!

DA clears store owner who killed would-be robber

By Gary V. Murray
[email protected]

WORCESTER — No criminal charges will be lodged against a liquor store owner who fatally shot an alleged would-be robber during an attempted armed holdup in December, according to District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.

Evan L. Rivera, 40, was shot to death about 10 p.m. Dec. 10 after he and another man tried to rob Big Bob’s Liquors on Richmond Avenue, police said.

Mr. Rivera was shot several times by store owner Robert Varderesian after Mr. Rivera held a .357 Magnum handgun to the stomach of Mr. Varderesian’s brother, according to authorities.

“A thorough review of the investigation and evidence has revealed that the store owner acted in self-defense and in the defense of another. He and his brother were put in fear for their lives,” Mr. Early said in a press release.

Mr. Rivera, whose last known address was listed as 128 Lincoln St., was pronounced dead after the shooting at UMass Memorial Medical Center — University Campus. An autopsy determined that he died from multiple gunshot wounds.

The second would-be robber, who fled the store after Mr. Rivera was shot, remains at large.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20090206/FRONTPAGENEWS/902060297

Very happy for Big Bob.

Back
Top Bottom