Cleaned up Savage 1907

Delkancott

NES Member
Finally got around to cleaning up this Savage 1907 we had laying around. No before pictures, but it wasn't in bad shape. Worst part was some rust on the magazine preventing smooth release and lots of gunk in the striker assembly. It is in .32 acp and from 1912 I believe. Shoots very nice.

a96cc104d2633ce18bc626c044440cb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys - New to the this forum. Typically have limited myself to learning one make/model at a time, but recently picked-up something I could not resist. Can any of you Savage 1907 folks point me in the direction of determining if these grips are factory? Thanks, Jim
upload_2018-4-16_18-32-33.png

Finally got around to cleaning up this Savage 1907 we had laying around. No before pictures, but it wasn't in bad shape. Worst part was some rust on the magazine preventing smooth release and lots of gunk in the striker assembly. It is in .32 acp and from 1912 I believe. Shoots very nice.

a96cc104d2633ce18bc626c044440cb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got around to cleaning up this Savage 1907......
pretty cool gun. don't know squat about savage firearms but this has nice industrial lines to it, 100 years ago it was probably futuristic. i found a 60 year old pellet pistol. keeps growing white crap on the plastic grips. i should bury it and see what grows.

I appreciate your responses. EddieCoyle did return a pm and confirm that the grips are Special Order Factory Original grips. That is what I was hoping for. They sure have the look, what with that brass inset Indian Head medallion, and the fact that they appear to be made to fit the gun.

I had seen EddieCoyle's "Savage 1907" website and was directed here to find him. I have been fooled before when looking at carved Ivory or Mother of Pearl grips on old Colts, and knew there had to be someone out there that would know. I just ordered the book he used to confirm the grips, from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom