• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Clean Wheelweight lead price ?

I have pure lead bars if interested. From the ballast of a frigate. Maybe 500# or so in six pieces

Right now the price for lead at a scrap yard is around .86. You can probably get $1 from a caster for it.
is this clean lead or wheel weights also. Also what scrap yard. It might be worth it to me to dump some of my wheel weghts.

is this clean lead or wheel weights also. Also what scrap yard. It might be worth it to me to dump some of my wheel weghts.

Call around
Speigel might have the same or better price than Eco recycling. Tough to nail down as it fluctuates a lot. They might quote you a door price which is usually less. Let them know ahaead of time that you have 1/2/300 lbs and most places will work with you.
I turned in about 200 lbs and it was around/ just a bit over a buck a pound, cleaned.

Call around
Speigel might have the same or better price than Eco recycling. Tough to nail down as it fluctuates a lot. They might quote you a door price which is usually less. Let them know ahaead of time that you have 1/2/300 lbs and most places will work with you.
I turned in about 200 lbs and it was around/ just a bit over a buck a pound, cleaned.
If i go through the trouble of cleaning/smelting im keeping it for $1lb. If price is high for wheel weights as they sit then i would consider it. Im going to try and get one more smelt in before the weather really turns

If i go through the trouble of cleaning/smelting im keeping it for $1lb. If price is high for wheel weights as they sit then i would consider it. Im going to try and get one more smelt in before the weather really turns

Yea
They don't break it down as roofing lead vs wheel weights vs lino type.
Its cleaned or dirty.
You might fetch more on the bookface or that new me-we site, but you're dealing with the flea-market personalities. Although the product descriptions are quite entertaining.
Check prices around febuary, I've had pretty good luck. Prices are usually up because all the scrap regulars are dormant for the winter.

Last time I scrapped copper there were pallets with 4×4×4 reinforced boxes filled flat to the top with range scrap. No idea what it was going for but my trousers were a little bit tighter.

Back
Top Bottom